Welcome one and all, curious searchers!

Friday, 13 February 2015

Ears and Tails

Summary: For every story, there are several inbetween stories. Your favourite autodogs and kittycons come to share their own adventures in this collection! Tie-in to With Perfect Abandonment; ratings to vary. Includes Mech/Mech, incest, Spike n' Valve, and Mpreg.
Multiple ratings within

Chapter 27: Silverbolt IV



Title: Off Course
Rating: PG
Summary: Iacon is more overwhelming than he thought

“Oh for Primus' sake..... I got lost again.....”

The mech stopped on the corner, turning his helm this way and that in confusion. All he saw were dozens of brightly-coloured, mismatched signs, all declaring some sort of important message or tourist gimmick. None though were at all helpful to him. Huffing, the autodog tried to politely catch a passerby's attention -but one glance at the karelian had the other 'bots stepping back in fright before hurrying on their way entirely.

“W-wait! I only was just-”

Trailbreaker sighed, dropping his helm. If his Auntie could see him now, she would only waggle her finger and tell him in that scolding tone of hers, “See? What did I say about foolish? Rushing off to a far away city that you only just heard that mech talk about once before..... It's a reckless thing, I'm telling you! It's sure to prompt only further trouble!”

The autodog tried not to sigh again. He didn't want to say Moonracer was right when she had argued with him about leaving..... but what else was he to do? He no knew other way of finding Silverbolt, and the karelian desperately needed to see the shih tzu again.

When Silverbolt had suddenly up and left with his family...... Oh, the gossip that had flown around the town could choke a 'bot. It was the biggest scandal Yuss had ever seen. A kittycon, storming into their town, making a claim to the blue shih tzu; revealing a fourth, small and white shih tzu as he and Silverbolt had butted helms in the middle of the street. It was too much for the old wives to take. They spewed hundreds of hateful, trashing comments about the shih tzu family, using this unexpected turn of events as confirmation to everything negative they had ever thought about the new-comers.

Trailbreaker was sad to admit that such provoking gossip had forced him to tuck away all thoughts and feelings for Silverbolt. He'd pushed himself to get on with his life, falling back on his old routine, before the karelian had woken up one orn and realized he couldn't do it. He couldn't go back to smiling and being happy in his little farm-country town; couldn't work, orn in and orn out, content with the simplicity of his life while he entertained faint fantasies about finding a nice femme and settling down......

His fantasies of settling down didn't involve a sweet, soft-spoken femme. They didn't include hay rolls, or long cornfields, or even the dock down by Shepherd's lake, where lilies sometimes grew. Everything that Trailbreaker had ever wished for -whether constantly or even fleetingly- could be found in the one mech that had entered his life so abruptly..... and left it just as fast.....

…..and now he had gone off and gotten lost in this big, winding city while trying to find that one shih tzu.....

Great.....

“Now how am I supposed to get to city hall,” Trailbreaker mumbled to himself, lifting his crumpled and ragged map up to his face. “I thought if I just-”

“Hey,” a flat voice cut off his confused musings. Turning, the grey mech found himself facing a slender, red autodog. He recognized him immediately as Silverbolt's younger brother. At the sight of the shih tzu (standing there languidly, one servo slipped in his jean's pocket; the other holding onto the strap of his backpack as he slung it over one shoulder) and his blank expression, Trailbreaker shuffled back a step, shifting his dufflebag.

“N-now, I, uh,” he hurried to explain, attempting to keep the panic out of his vocalizer, but not succeeding much, “I k-know what this l-looks like, a-and I s-swear, I-”

“You're here to find Silverbolt. Right?,” the youngling interrupted. Trailbreaker didn't know what to say. “Well,” the red mech continued, starting to turn around, “Come on then.”

It took a moment for the older autodog to realize that he was being told to follow. Leaping into action as he clued in, Trailbreaker grabbed his dufflebag's strap tightly, hurrying after the shih tzu starting to weave into the crowd.

Title: The unexpected guest
Rating: T
Summary: There's a stranger in his house

“Air Raid,” Silverbolt said, opening the kitchen door. He made a small sound as the bags of groceries he carried started to tip, pushing his cheekplate into the load to keep it steady. “Air Raid, could you give me some help, please? I-”

He heard someone push out of the kitchen chair, walking across the room and taking the bags from him just as they started to slip again. “Thank yo-” The rest of Silverbolt's words morphed into a squeak as he turned his helm to thank his brother, finding instead a large karelian smiling at him nervously. Frightened, the shih tzu dropped his keys, slamming back against the wall.

“W-what..... w-what a-are you-?!”

Trailbreaker frantically put the groceries on the nearest counter, holding his servos up submissively as he turned his attention back to the other mech. “D-don't s-scream, p-please Silverbolt!,” he begged, “I-i'm sorry, I-i just-”

“I found him wandering around downtown,” a voice cut in blandly, “He wanted to see you.”

Silverbolt snapped his helm to the doorway, feeling a stab of betrayal echo in his spark. “A-air Raid....,” he scowled at the youngling leaning against the door frame, sipping casually at a soda. “H-how could you bring him here?! What were you thinking? If-” The oldest shih tzu cut himself off, glancing up at the ceiling worriedly.

“He already knows, 'Bolt,” Air Raid said.

Silverbolt's optics flared in horror at that. Turning his attention back to the karelian, the smaller autodog was unnerved to find Trailbreaker nod back to him in confirmation. “.... e-excuse us,” he said tersely, pushing past the grey mech and heading for Air Raid. Silverbolt grabbed the youngling's arm, yanking him out of the kitchen and down the hall.

“Are you out of your mind?!,” he hissed once they were in the living room.

Air Raid shook himself free of Silverbolt's grasp, scowling up at the older mech. “No. And I don't care for you questioning my insanity.”

“Well, I wouldn't have to if you weren't bringing random mechs off the street back home!,” Silverbolt shot back. “Air Raid, he -how could you tell him about Fireflight?! Or anything else for that matter! Don't you remember that this was supposed to be a secret?!”

“What are you afraid of, 'Bolt?,” the red shih tzu retorted. “It's been weeks since we moved here and, despite your beliefs, no one's coming storm in to take Fireflight away from us. Thanks to that Onslaught guy, we finally have a chance to be happy..... settle down.... I can tell you, Fireflight's never been more ecstatic than now, where he's got the chance to go out and walk freely with Breakdown. And you know what, no one questions it, because he's not living like he's got a dirty secret to keep.”

“Th-that..... That s-still doesn't make you bringing him here e-excusable!,” the multi-coloured autodog stammered in objection. “H-he-”

Air Raid sighed loudly and exasperatedly, shaking his helm. Stunned by the response, Silverbolt fell quiet, staring sullenly at his younger brother. “Would you listen to yourself, 'Bolt?,” Air Raid asked. “You're acting like Trailbreaker has this personal vendetta against you, when the guy's been nothing but nice to you the entire time we were out in Yuss. I mean, the slagging country mutt even came all the way out here, to find you again. And judging by his bag, I don't quite think he's planning on going back....”

This was news to the older shih tzu. Confused and just a little uneasy still, Silverbolt tried to rationalize what the youngling had just said to him, but the only thing that came out was, “....h-how did you know he was nice to me?”

Immediately, the red shih tzu looked guilty. “Because I was the one that was mean to him, and got him to stop talking to you....,” he confessed lowly. “I didn't..... I mean, I..... I was just worried about Fireflight back then,” he continued, “And I was afraid too. Afraid of having any more stuff happen after Skydive took off to Iacon.....”

Silverbolt sank onto the couch in disbelief.

“I-i'm sorry, Silverbolt,” Air Raid apologized, looking up at his brother with contrite optics, “Really, I am. I never thought that the mech would come all the way out here though to see you again, but once I saw him, I knew that I had to bring him here. For once, there was another 'bot that actually cared about you, outside of us. I thought..... you deserved to be happy too, Silverbolt.....”

The other autodog was still silent. Staring down at the floor, Silverbolt tried to make sense of everything that he had just been told; everything that he was feeling that very moment. The only thing that was clear was that he was..... afraid. So scared, even amongst that tiny flicker of hope. The bigger shih tzu startled when he felt a servo rest on his shoulder plating suddenly; looking up, he was surprised to see Air Raid smiling down at him sympathetically.

“You should go talk to him before you send him away, at least,” the youngling instructed.

Nodding mutely, the multi-coloured mech rose to his pedes, walking back to the kitchen slowly. Trailbreaker had resumed sitting at the kitchen table in his absence; wringing his servos together anxiously and glancing at the kitchen door frequently. Noticing the other autodog standing in the doorway, the karelian straightened up in his seat tensely, servos curling into fists on the table top. Even despite his nervousness, Trailbreaker offered a small, trepid smile to the shih tzu.

Immediately, Silverbolt started warming at the tiny gesture. Cupping his servos before himself, the shih tzu smiled back kindly, stepping into the kitchen.

Title: Restless
Rating: PG
Summary: He feels out of place

Stay for a few orns.....

That's what Silverbolt had suggested. Enough time to discuss more and plenty of time to allow the karelian to rest and decide what he wanted to do next.

Trailbreaker didn't know if he liked this arrangement. Lying in berth, staring up at the dark ceiling, the autodog couldn't help but wonder if he was pushing himself on the shih tzu and his family. Silverbolt's reaction had been anything but pleasant initially, and even though the rest of the afternoon had been spent in peaceful discussion, the karelian couldn't help but feel he was creating a sort of tension in this household.

Maybe he should just leave.....

Venting softly, Trailbreaker pushed himself out bed, getting to his pedes and grabbing his things. He changed out of the old pajamas Silverbolt had been kind to offer him, folding them neatly and setting them on the berth, before he changed into his clothes from earlier that orn. He was just tip-toeing down the stairs and to the front door when he heard a sound in the kitchen.

Concerned, the autodog changed direction.

He only caught a glimpse of a dark shadow leaping out the window, before it was gone entirely, leaving a lone shih tzu standing in the middle of the kitchen. “.....F-fireflight?,” Trailbreaker called softly.

The sparkling turned slowly to the doorway, smiling sweetly as he clutched a bottle to his chestplates. “Hello,” he whispered back, “Is everything okay, Mr. Trailbreaker?”

Having just found out about the sparkling recently, the karelian was still adjusting to Fireflight's presence. Words could not describe how sorry and anxious he felt around the sparkling, having been told the circumstances behind why the family of shih tzus had come to Yuss in the first place. But even despite his feelings on the matter, Fireflight seemed content -almost happy even- and his love for his new bornling was almost miraculous as it was touching.

“U-umm.....,” his gaze wandered back to the open window; brow furrowing uneasily at the implications, “Yeah.... fine....”

“Then why do you want to leave?”

The sad question cut into the older autodog's musings. Shuttering his optics in shock, Trailbreaker turned his attention back to the sparkling, finding that Fireflight had padded closer while he'd been distracted; looking up at him with concerned, blue optics.

“I-i, uh....” He couldn't even offer an excuse. The dufflebag slung over his shoulder plating kind of made the option useless and the karelian was not about to lie to the sparkling. Venting softly, Trailbreaker knelt to be more level with Fireflight, smiling sadly at the shih tzu.

“I'm sorry, lil' one. I just don't feel like I belong here....,” he answered. “I feel like I'm being nothing but a bother to your big brother.”

Fireflight shook his helm kindly, touching Trailbreaker's cheekplate. “No,” he smiled, “Silvy doesn't find you a bother at all, but I know he'll be sad if you go. Stay a little bit longer, please? You'll always feel like you don't belong at first, but, if you run away all the time.... then you'll never get the chance to find your place.”

Out of the mouth's of babes, his Auntie used to say.....

Stunned and overwhelmed by the kind words Fireflight had so wisely shared with him, Trailbreaker couldn't help but to tear up a little. Knowing that he might actually be wanted here took such a heavy load off of his shoulders; more than he'd realized he'd been carrying all this time. Clearing his vocalizer a bit, the dark autodog straightened up, smiling down on the sparkling. “I think,” he began, “We should both head back to bed.”

Giggling softly, Fireflight grabbed the karelian's servo. Surprised, but welcome to the touch, Trailbreaker curled his fingers around the tiny servo in his palm; turning and leading the both of them up the dark hallway and to the stairs.

Title: Requests
Rating: T
Summary: Skydive wants to help in his little ways

“Who?,” Onslaught asked, accepting the mug from Skydive. The shih tzu sighed, shaking his helm slightly.

“Trailbreaker,” he repeated, “He's an autodog from Yuss. The town we had run off to.”

“Ah, yes.....,” the serval replied lowly. He glared sullenly at the wall. “I remember well.”

Cringing a little, Skydive immediately turned back to Onslaught, stroking his lowered ears apologetically. The kittycon accepted his silent gesture completely, gently tugging the autodog closer and encouraging him to sit on his lap. Skydive did so gladly, leaning back and laying against Onslaught's chestplates as a large servo cupped and rubbed his bulging belly softly.

“And you say he's looking for work?,” the serval rumbled gently from above.

Skydive took a moment to snuggle back into his bondmate more. “Yes,” he replied. “Air Raid said that he came all the way out here, specifically for Silverbolt. We believe he might love our brother. But in order for him to stay.... he needs a job. And unfortunately, he's not very familiar with the city or even how to go about applying for new work.”

“He came out here, looking for your brother?”

“Mhmm,” the shih tzu sighed back, comfortably, “All the way from Yuss. I remember him only faintly..... He was kind. Silverbolt deserves someone like him.”

Onslaught cuddled Skydive closer, still stroking the smaller mech's plating. “Ah.....,” he hummed. “So you're all playing match-maker then for your brother.”

Skydive giggled. “Not quite. But.... Silverbolt has always taken care of us. He's never done anything for himself all these years. For once, I'd like someone to want to take care of him, equally. Someone other than us. He's more than worthy enough for such a thing.”

The serval smiled, kissing the top of Skydive's helm. “Of course,” he smirked, hearing a pleasant, little rumble escape the shih tzu. “I'll see what I can do and talk to the pup myself.”

Skydive snuggled into Onslaught harder, optics shuttering sleepily as he dipped his helm under the kittycon's chin. “Thank you, Onslaught..... Love you.....”

Onslaught reclined easily in his seat, holding the shih tzu safe in his arms as he started to drift off into recharge. “I love you too, Skydive,” he smiled softly.

Title: Starting Over
Rating: PG
Summary: Trailbreaker has something to say

Silverbolt was just starting to set the table for dinner when he heard the front door open. “Hello?,” he called out, setting down the silverware temporarily as he walked around the room to see who had just entered. His curious optics were met with Trailbreaker and Fireflight standing in the doorway, taking off their coats and hanging them in the closet.

“Hello, Silvy!,” his brother chirped sweetly, noticing the older shih tzu. “Me and Bedo were just taking a walk when we bumped into Trailbreaker. So we decided to walk home together!”

“Y-yes.... I can see that,” Silverbolt tried to smile. He cleared his vocalizer softly, before folding his servos before himself. “Fireflight, why don't you take Breakdown upstairs and wash up for dinner? And could you tell your brothers to do the same, please?”

“Okay,” the smaller shih tzu beamed, turning and accepting Breakdown from Trailbreaker; who had unbuckled the bornling from his stroller and was now folding it up to put away. Silverbolt stood watching a moment longer until he was certain that Fireflight had reached the top of the stairs, before he turned and walked back into the dining room.

He could hear Trailbreaker follow after a moment.

“....you were gone pretty early this morning,” Silverbolt stated neutrally, grabbing the abandoned silverware and continuing from where he had left off.

“U-umm..... yeah.....” The karelian shifted nervously, rubbing the back of his neck. “U-umm..... Silverbolt? M-may I.... may I talk to y-ya?”

The shih tzu resolutely remained focused only on the table. “You're doing so now, aren't you?,” was his crisp reply.

Trailbreaker smiled despite the cutting words, taking no insult from them. “I suppose that ya're right. But I was talking more in a private sense.....” Silverbolt glanced up at that. “See, ya've been real kind and all to me, letting me stay for the past week and such..... But I get the feeling that ya don't really like my presence here.”

The shorter autodog jolted at that. “T-that's.... that's not true,” he mumbled in protest.

The dark autodog slowly circled the room, bending to catch Silverbolt's gaze. The other mech glared slightly, servos pressing flatly to the table top as he turned his helm up to Trailbreaker. “Trailbreaker, what are you-”

“Ya see....,” the karelian interrupted softly, “I think ya feel as if I've been imposing on your life. Oh, I know we talked and all that, Silv', but..... but I don't really think we talked about why I even came out all the way here. And, mayhaps, I think ya're feeling unsure about me, since lil' Fireflight and Breakdown's taken a bit of a shine to me.”

Silverbolt did not reply to that, only glaring a bit more. He did not want to confess that, though being alright with Trailbreaker's presence in the beginning, he'd started to grow uneasy the longer the bigger autodog was around his little brother. Fireflight had this horrible habit of getting attached to strangers so easily, but it had been more surprising to see Breakdown warm up to Trailbreaker. The bornling usually fussed more and did not like being in the company of others for long. He was especially more vocal if anyone other than Fireflight held him for too long.

He couldn't say what it was that made him feel this way, but Silverbolt didn't like it. It seemed everyone was easily accepting Trailbreaker into their lives, falling into a routine that almost made it feel like the karelian could have always been with them.

…..he didn't like it.....

His ears perked a bit as Trailbreaker set something down on the table top; moving his servo back, revealing the item to be a small, worn ring box. Immediately, his spark lurched. “When I had come here, I had hoped and prayed that I would find ya,” the other mech started softly, “But I had not actually expected to be practically led to your door. I told myself, there would be a lot of things I would do to make up for my behaviour during your final days in Yuss. The first would be to apologize to ya.”

Trailbreaker chuckled momentarily. “My Auntie told me I was being foolish..... but I had to come anyways. Ya see, I realized that I'd come to love ya -I wanted to be with ya. And if that meant leaving behind everything I knew before, to learn more about ya..... Well,” Trailbreaker smiled, “I didn't see how such a chance was not worth the sacrifice.”

Silverbolt still had not said anything. His flared optics were glued to the table, where the ring box sat; his ears taking in every word that the other autodog was saying, making his spark whirl faster and faster.

“What I never expected though,” the karelian continued, “Was to be welcomed so much. I mean, I was a stranger..... but your family's been really nice to me, even after everything that ya've all experienced. I.... Primus, ya're a strong bunch. The strongest I've ever seen. ….Which is why I'll be moving out.”

That finally caught his attention. “W-what?!,” Silverbolt gaped, snapping his helm up to the other autodog. He refused to acknowledge that his optics were beginning to glaze over. “W-why are you -I d-don't-”

Trailbreaker smiled, picking up the ring box and slipping it back into his pocket again. “It's because I'd like to start over again. I want to be able to court ya, now that ya're aware of my intentions, and if I stay here, I'd only be pressuring ya. I got hired today at the construction company, and I've even found an apartment...... From here on out, I won't be a burden to ya or anyone else. And if ya choose to see me after tonight, it will be of your own free will. As it should be.”

“Y-you're.....” You're stupid. You're amazing. You're unbelievable. You're so wonderful to me.

Everything that Silverbolt wanted to say, everything that struck him just then when the other autodog had made that statement, tripped on his glossa, refusing to come out even despite how desperately his spark wished it too. Cycling a quick intake to push back his rising tears, the multi-coloured mech smiled, overwhelmed by how kind Trailbreaker was, even now.

“Well then,” he replied, clearing his vocalizer a little. Silverbolt raised his servo, holding it out over the table top. “Hi. My name's Silverbolt. I have four brothers, two of whom are parents, and three that still look to me for support. I don't have a job, unless you count constant parenthood as one, and not a lot of free time. But all the same, I'm looking for a friend.”

Shuttering his optics in shock momentarily, Trailbreaker quickly caught on to what the shih tzu was doing, and the grin that split his face just then and there could have rivaled the sun. “Hello Silverbolt,” he said, warm laughter in his tone as he reached across the table and clasped the waiting servo. “My name's Trailbreaker, and I come from a small country town called Yuss, where the cows are plenty and silly old traditions sometimes get in the way of a good thing. I, too, am looking for a friend and more, and I pray that ya'll be the one for me.”

Silverbolt chuckled lightly as they shook servos. “I hope your prayers are answered, Trailbreaker,” he wished sweetly, with all the sincerity and affection in his spark.

No comments:

Post a Comment