Multiple ratings within
Chapter 35: Onslaught and Skydive VII
Title: Blessing
Rating: T
Summary: His older brother confesses
some lingering doubts
“Are..... are you sure about this?”
Silverbolt scanned the others in the backyard -his happy and smiling
brothers- before his gaze rested uncertainly on Onslaught by the
barbeque; flipping steaks as he glared at Brawl's fingers sneaking
for the propane tank.
Skydive smiled kindly into his drink,
setting down his glass of lemonade and taking his older brother's
servo. “Silverbolt.... you know me. If I wasn't sure about any of
this, do you think I would stay?,” he asked wryly. “Besides, I'm
Onslaught's wife now. It's only understandable that I move in with
him.”
“B-but....” The taller shih tzu
sighed worriedly, taking his servo back and clasping the both of them
together tightly in his lap as he plopped down on the bench beside
the blue mech.
“But what, Silverbolt?,” the
younger autodog asked.
“.....what about Fireflight? O-or
Slingshot? Or-” Skydive quickly put a servo on the larger 'bot's
shoulder, his optics dimmed and gazing in sympathy up at Silverbolt.
The sight made the other autodog feel suddenly ashamed at his
ridiculous behaviour. “I......,” he mumbled, glancing again at
the others, “I-i just don't like the fact that you won't be with us
anymore, Skydive. I suppose a part of me always knew this would have
to one day happen, but all the same, I don't like the idea of you
living with this mech. Especially not his two sons.”
“Well,” the blue shih tzu said, a
kind chuckle in his tone, “I won't be living with three grown
mechs, if that's what is really concerning you. Brawl is
unfortunately handicapped and couldn't manage on his own, so he will
be staying with us, but Blast Off is already in the plans of packing
his things to move on out. Onslaught tells me he has a mechfriend.”
Skydive smiled brightly, as if the thought of anyone in love was such
a beautiful and spark-warming idea.
“And besides....,” he continued
softly, compassion filling his optics and smile, “You'll always be
my brother and I will always be a part of this family. I just have a
new family now too..... Plus, I'm only a block away. You're welcome
to visit anytime you want; I know Onslaught won't mind.”
Silverbolt stared at his brother for
the longest time, before the older autodog felt his shoulders slump
with defeat; his optics filling with tears as he tried to keep his
emotions from overwhelming him. “You've..... grown up so
much.....,” he whispered, a smile curling awkwardly around his lip
components. Skydive was surprised when suddenly Silverbolt pulled him
into a hug, squeezing him tightly.
“Please be happy,” the other mech
mumbled into his ear.
Skydive smiled, hugging his brother
back. “Of course I will be,” he promised.
Title: Honeymoon
Rating: T
Summary: They're finally wed
After the excitement of the orn, it was
nice to finally call things finished and head for recharge. Slightly
nervous, Skydive changed into his pajamas in the main bathroom,
bidding both Brawl and Blast Off good night before heading into
Onslaught's room. The kittycon himself was just getting out of the
private bathroom and looked up at the shih tzu mutely, before turning
his helm away a little bit; gesturing at the berth with a blush just
tinging his cheekplates.
“I....um.... guess we should get in
now?”
Suddenly feeling nervous in the face of
the serval's own shyness, Skydive slowly headed for the berth,
rubbing his arm self-consciously. “I-i.... I suspect that would be
reasonable, yes. After all, w-we're married now a-and....”
Skydive trailed off, letting out a
little gasp as he was suddenly lifted into the air and carried
bridal-style towards the berth. Blushing, the autodog said nothing as
he was laid down on the middle of the sheets, Onslaught climbing over
top and merely hovering there, looking down on the smaller mech,
before leaning forwards and capturing the other's mouth in a heated
kiss. Moaning, Skydive arched up as best as he could into the
kittycon's mouth; legs sliding apart with a little tremble as a large
servo stroked down his growing belly.
Touch growing softer and softer until
it was almost barely there, Onslaught lessened the kisses until the
two mechs were only pecking each other at intervals; stopping
altogether and bumping foreheads with Skydive gently as he grabbed
the other's servo.
“I'm..... sorry, that I couldn't give
you a better bonding ceremony,” the serval apologized remorsefully,
his optics dim with contrite. “I'd have loved to have us bond
together in a proper wedding, and for us to be somewhere special and
private for our honeymoon. Instead, I've got you sharing my old
berth, in my home, with my two oldest sons just down the hall and you
already sparked, and-”
The autodog quickly interrupted
Onslaught with another kiss, his servos grasping the older mech
behind the helm and pulling him a little closer. “It's fine,”
Skydive smiled, nothing but love and content in his gaze, “Trust
me. I don't need something extravagant or fancy to know that this day
-this moment- is the best of my whole life. Besides, this was a
better chance for my brothers to be more involved- not only with you,
but your sons as well.”
The shih tzu chuckled softly. “Did
you see how happy Fireflight looked in his new blue dress and
Breakdown's matching jumper? He was so proud of how cute it was.”
Unable to resist, Onslaught smiled as
well, rubbing olfactory sensors. “Yes..... I was worried they may
still be upset with me, but they seem happy. All of them. I'm glad to
know they're feeling better,” he said. “I love you.”
“I love you too,” Skydive replied,
stroking the kittycon's cheekplate. “....We should probably go to
sleep now though. We have a busy day tomorrow -being a new couple and
all.”
The serval smirked at the mischievous
glint shining in the autodog's optics; a purr rumbling out of him
softly as he rolled over to the side of the berth, spooning Skydive
close and nuzzling the shih tzu's neck as he settled in for the
night. “My gorgeous lil' wifey....”
The blue mech chuckled again,
shuttering his optics, rubbing the new bonding ring that gleamed on
his finger as he drifted off to sleep.
Title: Breakfast
Rating: PG
Summary: Skydive starts to settle
into his new life
Adjusting to life within the kittycon
household wasn't that hard surprisingly. Onslaught rose about quarter
to six every morning, and, used to his old schedule, Skydive rose
himself at around seven. He would go downstairs, and seeing that
Onslaught wasn't yet making breakfast, would get started on it so
that they could eat when the kittycon came in.
The first time he'd done this,
Onslaught had been so surprised and worried, he'd wanted to take over
for the autodog. Skydive adamantly refused to let him do so, stating
that if he could start cooking in his condition, then he could
certainly finish.
Now, a few weeks in, this was almost
common.
“Good morning Brawl,” Skydive
greeted warmly, setting a plate of freshly made waffles onto the
table. The serval gave a roar of delight, stomping across the room
and throwing himself into a chair excitedly. Skydive was amazed that
it didn't crumple under the kittycon's heavy weight.
“THANK YOU MOMMY!!”
Smiling wryly, the autodog poured syrup
over his waffles, petting Brawl's helm as the older mech ripped into
his breakfast. “You know, Brawl.... you don't have to call me
'mommy',” the shih tzu explained, pouring a mug of coffee to go
alongside Onslaught's own plate. “Calling me Skydive is fine. After
all, I'm not your mommy and-”
“But you're married to daddy, yes?”
the kittycon interrupted.
Skydive shuttered his optics at that.
“O-oh, well..... um.....”
Brawl smiled brightly, his face covered
with syrup and waffle chunks. “Then your my mommy! I always wanted
a mommy like you,” he cheered, tail wagging merrily behind him. “A
mommy that makes me yummy breakfast and gives me hugs and kisses and
speaks really quietly and nice. I'm glad to have you for my mommy.”
The kittycon leaned over in his seat,
gently poking Skydive's belly before the shih tzu could stop him.
“And I can't wait to have more brothers to play with!”
The autodog cocked his helm at Brawl,
torn between smiling at the older mech's excitement for his unborn
sparkling and the troubling words that came from Brawl's mouth.
Before he could comment on it though, Onslaught was walking through
the door, greeting both mechs and pecking his wife as he joined them
for breakfast.
Title: Phone Calls
Rating: PG
Summary: The hormones must be
driving him mad
“Yes..... I'm aware...... Get right
on it..... Soon.....”
Skydive stopped outside of Onslaught's
office, ear lifting slightly at the voice that came on through the
other side of the door. He couldn't make out what the serval was
saying, but for some reason, hearing his vocalizer talking softly
through the door made the autodog's spark wither uncertainly.
The blue mech looked back and forth,
staring at the door, debating on whether or not he should he should
step inside. Lately, Onslaught had been going into his office a lot
and talking on the phone early in the morning with some unknown
person -but he never invited Skydive inside, and it had been a while
since the shih tzu had last been in the office.
“Get together....... discuss with you
soon.....”
Those words dug a little, spreading a
tiny seed of doubt and fear.
Skydive set a servo on his stomach,
feeling the sparkling kick underneath the plating. They were restless
this orn; kicking and twisting more often than they usually did. It
was making him feel more nauseous than he could handle.
Quickly, the autodog turned and hurried
away from the office door, tears filling his optics.
Title: Surprise
Rating: PG
Summary: Onslaught has a surprise
for him
Folding the last of the shirts, Skydive
loaded the clean laundry back into the basket, grunting a little as
he picked the slightly heavy load up. His backstruts protested a
little, and a smaller voice in the back of his helm commented that
probably he shouldn't be carrying stuff around so far along in his
pregnancy, but the autodog refused to give in. It was just a small
basket of laundry; he wasn't trying to lift a crate of spare parts or
anything.
Slowly, Skydive made his way back
upstairs, pausing as he came out into the hallway, taking a breather.
He was understandably surprised when the basket was taken from his
servos, turning around to see Onslaught smiling down on him.
“I've been looking for you,” the
kittycon said, leaning down and quickly pecking his wife. The shih
tzu smiled back into the kiss, staring up at the older mech as he
pulled away.
“Oh? How come?” A small, niggling
doubt taunted at the back of his processor. Skydive knew he shouldn't
listen to it, but with Onslaught avoiding him the past few orns and
whatnot, it was hard not to fear the worse. He just hoped it was
simple paranoia and nothing else.....
At his inquiry, the serval merely
grinned, shifting the basket so that he held it under one arm;
looping the other around Skydive's waist and gently leading him to
the staircase. “I have a surprise for you,” he answered vaguely,
grinning broadly. The autodog felt his spark give a little pulse, in
both anticipation and anxiousness.
“Can I know what kind of surprise?,”
he asked as they headed up to the second landing. He smiled, to try
and not come off as being upset. “Or is it too big a secret?”
Onslaught merely chuckled, before directing him towards one of the
berth rooms.
Skydive looked on in confusion as they
approached the room that used to belong to Swindle, standing by
silently as the kittycon grabbed the doorknob. “Now, shutter your
optics? .....please?” Glancing at the green mech uncertainly, the
shih tzu did as asked, listening as Onslaught opened the door. A
servo was pressing gently at the small of his back shortly after,
guiding him blindly into the room. “Alright,” whispered the
serval's warm rumble in his ear, “You can online them again....”
Slowly, spark whirling erratically now,
the smaller mech did as told..... gasping in disbelief as he saw the
wondrous sight before him. Baby blue and soft yellow striped walls
surrounded him on all sides, matching with their white and powder
blue furniture. There was a crib, rocking chair, changing station,
toy chest and a small gathering of plushies already sitting on top of
the dresser against one of the walls. Pictures already hung on the
wall just above the changing station and play area: him and Onslaught
on their bonding day, Onslaught and his sons from a few stellar
cycles back, and a recent one of Skydive and his brothers. A larger,
empty frame hung between them all, waiting to be filled.
Onslaught walked into the room, hugging
Skydive from behind; his large servos resting on the autodog's
swollen belly. “....I wanted to have everything ready for when the
baby came, and I wanted it to be a gift for you,” he informed
softly, “To remind you that you are everything to me, and that your
family is also mine and vice versa. I'm sorry if I hurt you by
keeping this is a secret until now.”
“O-oh..... oh Onslaught,” Skydive
choked, turning around and facing the kittycon. He was overwhelmed by
this precious gift he had given him and both amazed that the older
mech could see his concerns so easily. And to apologize for them
too..... “Thank you,” the shih tzu said, cupping Onslaught's
cheekplates and pulling him down for a kiss, “T-thank you so much.
F-for this lovely surprise..... for t-taking me for your wife....
f-for..... for everything!”
The serval purred as he received the
autodog's chaste pecks, pressing in for a deeper kiss; tail twitching
as he heard a soft moan escape Skydive. “I love you, Skydive,” he
murmured affectionately against the other's lip components.
Optics glimmered beautifully behind
yellow frames. “I love you too, Onslaught.”
Title: Offer
Rating: T
Summary: Skydive needs to discuss
something with Onslaught
“Brawl....,” Skydive mumbled
distractedly as he hurried into the living room, “Where is
Onslaught?”
The serval looked up from his colouring
books for a moment, watching as his new mommy looked around the room
anxiously. “Hmm? Oh, well, daddy's in the shed again,” he
answered, turning back to the page he had just been filling in.
“.....the shed?” The autodog looked
down on Brawl stretched out across the carpet quizzically, confused
by the other mech's reply. They did indeed have a small shed in the
backyard, but Onslaught never usually used it and it remained locked
all other times. Why then would the green mech go there now?
The kittycon nodded his helm at
Skydive's echo. “Uh-huh,” he continued, optics on his book as he
coloured in some monster's head, “Daddy goes out there to play with
his toys. He says I can't come though.”
“I.....see....,” Skydive replied,
utterly perplexed now. Quickly, the autodog turned, heading out the
kitchen door and to the shed at the back. His sparkling kicked
restless as he approached the little door, debating for a moment as
the shih tzu rested a servo on the door handle. Gathering his
courage, Skydive rushed into the shed, stopping in alarm at the sight
that met his optics once he was inside.
Guns -from all types of models and
sizes- lined the walls, crates of ammunition laying at their bases.
Other crates were torn open a little bit, containing different types
of bombs, grenades, gas masks and blades. The shed was a general
store of destruction, and sitting calmly in the middle of it all, was
Onslaught. He paused in his work, setting down both the cleaning rag
and the sniper rifle he held in his servos, as he turned his blank
face to the autodog.
“Skydive.....”
“Y-you....,” Skydive tried to keep
his breathing even, optics unwillingly glancing around from item to
item. “S-so.....this is what you do in your spare time, I
s-suppose?”
Onslaught slowly rose to his pedes,
approaching the frazzled shih tzu. “....You weren't supposed to see
any of this,” he said, “This was just going to be temporary
until-”
Skydive threw his servos up into the
air, walking around the kittycon and further into the shed. “Please,
do not lie to me!,” he interrupted testily. “I would have found
out that you were a mercenary sooner of later, Onslaught. Don't
disrespect my intelligence like this.”
The serval stood near the doorway
flabbergasted, walking up to the antsy autodog, his brow furrowed.
“....really? You knew?”
The blue mech refrained from scoffing,
his pede starting to tap away anxiously. “Yes, in a way. I mean,
it's not like you go to the office or own a store. You're usually
home, having secret phone calls in your office. You also have a
proficient and rich military background..... You'd be best suited for
the work, and depending on the 'client', you would get a fair amount
of pay. More than enough to support your extensive family.” Skydive
glanced at the gun lying on the table, slowly reaching out for it
with a trembling servo. Before he was even close enough to touch it
though, the shih tzu turned away, throwing himself into the chair
Onslaught had vacated earlier. “H-he...... he's back.....,” he
whispered darkly.
Onslaught dropped to his knees before
the autodog, gently grasping one of Skydive's shaking servos. “Whose
back, Skydive?,” he asked, tipping the other's chin up with his
free servo. “And does none of this really bother you? ....That I'm
a killer?” His ears were half-lowered with worry; the fear of
rejection well hidden from his face.
“Slaggit- no Onslaught! It doesn't!,”
Skydive yelled, his emotions finally getting the best of him. “I
don't- that mech is back! That, that.... V-vortex! Slingshot saw him
leaving Fireflight's room the other day. He's come back for my baby
brother and I don't like it!”
The shih tzu ripped his servo from the
kittycon's grasp, burying his face into them as frustrated tears
started welling into his optics. “I wish he'd never come back! He
shouldn't be around Fireflight -he shouldn't be getting away with
what he's doing! Lock him up, put him away in solitary..... S-send
him far away where he'll never be able to get back to Fireflight
again! I don't want my baby brother to be hurt by him anymore!!”
“.....I wish it were that
simple.....”
Skydive looked up, wiping at the tears
trailing down his cheekplates, his expression both confused and
suspicious. “Wh-what.... what do you mean it's not that simple!
I-i'll call the cops today! I'll give them a testimony; I'll-”
Onslaught shook his helm, gently
cupping the smaller mech's face. “You must understand something,
Skydive,” he explained quickly as he saw the autodog open his mouth
to protest, “All of my sons, with the exception of the youngest,
have all been trained with the same skills that I have. Each and
everyone of them is proficient with a weapon, long-range fighting and
hand-to-hand combat.... Vortex especially has been educated in
subterfuge, interrogation and.... tracking. He's been imprisoned in
several penitentiaries across the globe, of which at least five were
maximum security federal prisons, and he's escaped all of them within
twenty-four hours of being processed.”
“Prison,” the serval continued
regretfully, “Will do you no good. Vortex will get out and he will
find your baby brother again. It's what he does, and it's what he
likes. If you want him gone....” Onslaught trailed off for a
moment, his optics lifting to the gun on the table. Skydive's gaze
followed. “....it has to be a permanent solution. One that I will
fulfill, if you so wish it.”
The autodog stared at the sniper rifle,
its muzzle gleaming in the mute light of the shed; repeating
Onslaught's words in his helm as his servos cradled his belly
anxiously.
Title: Midnight Madness
Rating: PG
Summary: He awakes in the middle of
the night
Onslaught stirred from recharge, with
the sense that something was amiss. Groggily, his servo stretched
across the berth, wanting to pull Skydive to his frame. But his
fingers only felt cold sheets. Optics onlining fully now, the
kittycon stared mutely at the autodog's spot, finding it empty and
void of the one who usually filled it. Slowly, he sat up.
Since he'd half-confessed, been
half-caught about what he did for a career by Skydive last week, the
shih tzu seemed to have grown quieter around him. Skydive had stopped
humming while he worked, refrained from greeting the serval with
kisses all the time -he'd even cut back on talking to Onslaught much,
which concerned him greatly. Onslaught didn't want to admit it, but
he was scared.
Scared he was once again going to lose
something he thought was good.
Getting to his pedes, the kittycon
decided to wander downstairs; partially to see where Skydive might
have gotten to, and another to go occupy himself with the relics in
his office. He was distracted from the latter when he heard something
drop in the kitchen before being followed by a pained whimper. That
was Skydive!
Onslaught ran down the rest of the
stairs, hurrying into the kitchen to find the autodog collapsed on
the floor in front of the open fridge; a carton of milk dropped on
its side and spewing its contents everywhere. The mess was the least
of his concern though. What had the serval's attention was the way
Skydive was clutching his belly, optics shuttered tight as he panted
for air.
“S-skydive?! Skydive, are y-you
alright?” The green mech fell to his knees, uncertainly pulling
Skydive towards him; attempting to cradle him while still torn about
where to put his servos exactly. “W-what's wrong? I-is it- a-are
you h-having a miscar-”
Amazingly, the autodog smiled up at the
other, before he gritted his denta together again with a hiss.
“I-it's alright, Onslaught,” Skydive chuckled after the pain
ebbed enough away. He grabbed the serval's servo and pressed it to
his belly. “T-they're coming....”
“O-oh, oh alright....,” Onslaught
mumbled, “They're coming..... They're coming.... oh, PRIMUS!
They're coming!!” The kittycon pulled back in a fluster, scrambling
upwards for the kitchen phone.
Skydive watched as he commed for an
ambulance, unable to hold back one or two more chuckles at the
other's panic; servos grasping his belly again as the contractions
started up once more. The autodog was thankful for the kiss that came
after Onslaught had finished on the phone, grateful for any small
distraction, and made sure to kiss his bondmate back just as equally
strong as he was lifted up in strong arms and carried for the front
door.
No comments:
Post a Comment