Multiple ratings within
Chapter 21: Onslaught and Skydive VI
Title: Gather
Rating: T
Summary: He decides to intervene
“Why am I even here?,” Swindle
hissed, glaring up at the siamese.
Blast Off coolly glared back, his arms
crossed casually across his chestplates. “Because,” he replied
flatly, “Despite however you might feel about him, the fact still
remains that he is our sire, and your presence is required at this
point and time.”
The devon rex scoffed, trying to
wriggle out of Brawl's hold again. The slagging serval had one frag
of a grip on him though. “Brawl! Would you fragging let go!!”
“No,” the serval replied with a
pout, hugging his brother tighter. “Why you never come to see us
Swin? I missed you so much!”
“Hey, what are you losers doing?,”
Vortex asked, walking through the front door and turning into the
living room. His gaze grew practically sinister when it landed on
Swindle. “Swin? You're actually here? What? Did Blast Off force you
here at gunpoint?”
The youngest kittycon scowled.
“Something to that effect.....,” he grumbled, sending a quick
glare to the siamese. The slagging mech didn't even look contrite.
“Um.... Vortex? Why are you looking at me like that....? W-wait!
Don't you come any closer! Nngh! Brawl, fraggit, lemme go! Vortex, I
swear if you-!!”
“'CON PILE!,” Vortex shouted
gleefully, leaping the last of the distance and jumping onto his two
unsuspecting brothers. The force of the lynx's attack caused them all
to crash to floor, where they rolled and kicked wildly, before
Swindle was pinned to the floor by an excited Brawl and a sadistic
Vortex.
“Vortex!,” the tan kittycon wheezed
loudly, “You AFT!! I'll kill you, I swear to Primus I'll fragging
chop off your spike and kill you with it!” Obnoxious cackling
erupted from the lynx at the threat. “B-brawl, would you get OFF,
y-you big, dumb idiot!”
“So, Swin,” Vortex purred from the
top of the pile. He angled himself so he could stare down into his
brother's face, taunting him with his wide, evil grin. “How goes
the independency? Still boinking that weirdo, half-breed albino
freak? Tell me the reason you have anything to do that mech, is
because whoring yourself out to him is the easiest way to pay your
bills, otherwise your choice of frags is pathetic.”
Swindle's cheekplates flushed magenta
just as his denta gnashed together loudly. “If you don't shut up
right now, I'm going to-”
“What's going on here?,” a voice
snarled, cutting off the entrepreneur before he could finish.
Refraining from rubbing his optics at his siblings' stupidity, Blast
Off turned to the doorway, watching as Onslaught slowly staggered up
to the doorway; leaning against the frame as he glared blearily at
each of his sons. It was noticeable that his gaze fell on Swindle
last and stayed fixed there.
“....why are you here?”
A quick glance at Blast Off had Swindle
swallowing what he really would have liked to say. “....I thought
I'd visit and see how you were doing,” the devon rex answered
blandly.
Onslaught scoffed at the words,
sneering. “Please,” he gruffed, grabbing the sash of his house
robe and tying it tightly around his middle, “As if you give a frag
about your stupid father.” The kittycon turned and stumbled towards
the kitchen. “.....I need a drink.....”
At his awkward departure, Brawl
scrambled up onto his pedes, knocking Vortex to the floor and
consequently freeing Swindle as well. Whimpering, the serval turned
to Blast Off, grabbing his brother's sleeve with his claws.
“Alright....,” the tan kittycon submitted, pushing himself up
into a sitting position, “The ol' mech's got some serious issues,
I'll give you that. I still don't see how me being here is going to
help the fragging drunkard.”
“It's more preferable if you weren't
ignoring him, come this time and point,” Blast Off replied
neutrally.
“Yeah, yeah,” Swindle scowled,
“Whatever. When you can pull the fragging cold shaft out of your
aft and give me a good reason why I should be here, maybe I'll be
more inclined to- SLAGGIT! VORTEX!! Get the FRAG off of me!!”
“No,” came the malicious purr.
This time, Blast Off did face-palm.
Title: Phone Call
Rating: PG
Summary: A stranger calls
It was getting late.
Blast Off finished the last of the
dishes, wiping his servos on the dish towel and hanging it to dry in
its appropriate place. He could hear Brawl quietly playing in the
living room, happily by the sounds of it, so that at least confirmed
that neither Onslaught or Swindle had left the room. Which was good,
by the saimese's account. Their sire needed the attention and company
of his family just as much as he believed he needed a good, stiff
drink.
The kittycon was on his way out of the
kitchen, when the phone began to ring. Stopping, he stared at the
device for a couple astroseconds, before he stepped forward, catching
it on the second ring. Pressing the receiver to his ear, Blast Off
watched as the comm screen flashed to life, yet remained resolutely
black. A sign that could mean a number of things, but usually didn't
translate into anything good.
“Hello,” he started coolly.
The other end was silent for a klik,
before he heard the other 'bot cycle a quick intake. “H-hello....?,”
the vocalizer returned softly. Anxious, young, fearful..... a mech,
of unknown race and size, though probably small judging by his tone.
Not a client then.
So why would he be calling?
If the stranger was waiting for Blast
Off to say something, then he was waiting in vain. As if coming to
this conclusion, the other mech swallowed sharply; there was the
sound of shuffling, no doubt the receiver being shifted and gripped
tighter on the other end. “I-is..... D-does Onslaught live here?”
The siamese's ear gave a twitch. “State
your business,” he answered.
The unknown caller vented quickly.
“I-i, umm.....,” he tried to say, but gave up with half a
whimper, taking a klik to gather his courage again. “P-please,”
he continued, softer and weaker than before, “P-please, m-may I
speak to h-him? I-it's important.”
He should hang up. Blast Off stared at
the comm base, his finger held over the switchhook patiently. He
didn't know who this mech was, or why he might be calling, but
Onslaught was nowhere near stable enough to be dealing with someone
else's problems. He was barely even sober. The kittycon stood there,
finger poised, ready to hang up.... but he never did. After a klik,
the saimese shifted his grip on the receiver, reaching over and
switching it to wireless mode. “Very well,” he told the stranger.
“One moment.”
When he walked into the living room,
everyone turned to stare at him, except for Onslaught, who continued
to glare at the floor, a cup of black oil grasped tightly in his left
servo. He glared at his son when he stopped in front of his armchair,
casting the phone a confused look before swiping it out of Blast
Off's servo and pressing it to his ear.
“Hello?,” he grumbled, sinking
sullenly into his seat.
The serval lurched upwards in his chair
not an astrosecond after, knocking his oil to the floor.
“S-skydive?!,” he gaped, to both the shock and confusion of his
present children. Onslaught didn't even pay them any attention.
“Tell me where you are,” he
commanded firmly into the phone, “I'll come get you.” The barest
whisper of an answer could be heard from the other end. Nodding
quickly, Onslaught said farewell, before ending the call and
practically jumping to his pedes. He didn't bother to answer any of
his sons' quizzical looks as he hurried to the door; grabbing both
his coat and his car keys.
Blast Off watched as his sire
disappeared through the slamming door, feeling that strange sensation
of apprehension in the pit of his fuel tanks.
Title: Reunion
Rating: T
Summary: Skydive waits
He felt grungy. Dirty, tired,
overwhelmed, frightened.... Skydive was a number of things, but
mostly, he just felt gritty. It had been at least a good week of
traveling for him. He didn't have a change of clothes with him, and
the only cleaning he could manage was whatever quick one he could get
away with in public washrooms. Overall, he felt disgusting and he
hated it even more that Onslaught was going to see him like this.
Oh, Onslaught....
The autodog whimpered, feeling anxiety
creep back up on him, churning his fuel tanks dangerously. Why did he
think he could do this? What in all of the universe had compelled him
into believing that he could come all the way out to Iacon, squat in
some sketchier part of the city and wait patiently for Onslaught to
come and get him? Honestly..... He had to be fragging out of his
processor! Skydive shook his helm, hugging his knees tighter and
hunching further on the curb. He realized now that he had been
impulsive in his actions; this wasn't the right time or place to even
be getting back in contact with the kittycon. The older mech must
have found out that he'd run away by now..... Primus, he probably
thought the shih tzu such a floozy after so long.
And now he was expecting to spring the
news on Onslaught that he was carrying?
Primus, he was insane....
Headlights cut across the road, shining
brightly in the darkening street. Snapping his helm upwards, Skydive
watched wide-opticed, his spark pulsing erratically as a familiar car
pulled up in front of him. He shakily rose up to his pedes as the
driver's door opened, staring up at the silent kittycon stepping out
and looking back at him with dim optics.
“O-onsl-,” the autodog started, but
was cut off as Onslaught walked forward, scooping him up and into his
arms suddenly. Tears collected in his optics as the shih tzu clung to
the bigger mech, burying his face further into Onslaught's
chestplates and trying to hold back his whimpers. He hadn't thought
seeing the serval again would cause his spark this much pain and joy.
For a klik, the kittycon merely held
him, before Onslaught slowly pulled back, barely meeting Skydive's
optics as he looked down on the smaller mech. “C'mon....,” he
hoarsely whispered, gently turning them to the car. “Let's get you
cleaned up....”
Skydive allowed himself to be led to
the passenger seat; buckling in and clenching his servos tightly in
his lap as anxiety rose within him again.
Title: Hope
Rating: T
Summary: He prays that things will
mend
The hot water felt good flowing down
his frame, getting into all the seams and joints, and slowly easing
the tension and dirt out of them. Helm turned up to the spray,
Skydive simply stood there, enjoying the warmth, before he slowly set
to cleaning himself. All the while, his thoughts buzzed like a nest
of angry hornets in his helm, keeping him far from distracted.
He was going to have to talk to
Onslaught.
Right now, the kittycon sat in the
motel's berthroom, waiting patiently for the autodog to finish. It
was obvious that the larger mech was upset when he had come to
collect Skydive, but whether that was because of his running away or
the distressful state he had been found in, the shih tzu couldn't be
entirely sure. All he knew though, was that the moment he had calmed
down some, Onslaught would press him for answers.
Skydive didn't know if he could handle
that.
His sudsy fingers slipped down his
frame, circling his stomach plating. Recently, the seams had started
to stretch and push outwards, until the slightest bump began to show.
His sparkling. You have to talk to him, a voice reminded him firmly
within his processor, for the sake of this spark growing inside of
you. Swallow your fear; don't back down now.
Yes.... the shih tzu agreed, venting
heavily and turning his face back up to the cascading water. He
washed the soap from his frame, feeling better as the layers of dirt
and grime rinsed off. He had to talk to Onslaught; that's why he had
come back to Iacon in the first place. Because he loved the serval
and did not wish to deny this hopeful sparkling the chance at being
loved by its sire. Taking a few more moments to stand under the warm
spray, becoming braver and more clear of thought as the insecurities
washed off, Skydive finally reached forward, turning off the shower
and stepping out of the stall.
A fresh set of clothes sat waiting for
him on the sorry, little sink counter, and quickly, the blue mech
changed into these. Courage fading fast now, Skydive slowly took hold
of the doorknob, easing it open and stepping out into the other
room. Onslaught sat on the edge of the berth, facing the front door.
He glanced quickly over his shoulder plating as he heard the autodog
leave the washroom, before looking forward again. “....Are you
feeling better now?,” the serval asked softly.
“Y-yes.....,” the shih tzu
whispered. He stood where he was, waiting to see if the kittycon
would look back at him. But he remained resolutely forward and
Skydive felt his spark wither painfully. “O.....Onslaught.....,”
he started hesitantly, circling the room and coming up to the other
mech's side. “I.... I'm sorry, I-i....”
“You left....” The serval looked up
to his right, staring into the blue 'bot's face. “Your place was
cleared out.”
Skydive sank to the floor beside
Onslaught, grabbing his servo and grasping it anxiously between his
own. “I know, I-i....,” he choked, trying to get the words out,
but couldn't. Eventually, he had to press the serval's palm to his
cheekplate to find even a percentage of his strength. “I n-never
wanted to.... I c-couldn't.... I had to leave. I-i didn't want to
th-though. If I h-had a choice, I would h-have stayed.”
The green mech looked down on the shih
tzu disbelievingly, before he turned his helm away. “So you decided
to come back?,” Onslaught asked, his tone almost accusing. His
servo felt limp and dead against Skydive's cheekplate.
Skydive tried not to cry as he rose
quickly to his pedes. “Yes, I came back. I had to- despite all the
troubles it might cause,” the shih tzu explained. The kittycon
glanced up again, ears flattening in surprise as the autodog grasped
his servo again, pushing it under his shirt and to his stomach
plating. Smiling nervously, he looked deep into Onslaught's optics,
ignoring the coolant that glazed his own optics heavily.
“D-do you feel it?,” he gently
asked. “T-this is why I had to come back.... even though I know you
will never trust me again.” Skydive trailed off for a moment,
losing his courage finally and stepping back from the shell-shocked
serval. “I.... I-i couldn't....,” he began, whimpering,
“....w-we.... when we were younger, we were abandoned. I-i, I never
told you be-because.... because so many people look down on us
orphans. B-but... but shortly after Fireflight was born, our parents
seemed.... tired of us.”
“They took us to the highway. D-drove
to the woods, took us out a-and....” Skydive bowed his helm as he
felt the tears slowly slide down his face. “T-they left us there.
W-we... we watched them drive away, wondering if they'd ever come
back. But th-they never did. T-they never came back.”
“S-so,” the autodog swallowed
sharply, lifting his helm again, wiping quickly at his optics, “I
d-decided when I w-was younger, th-that I would n-never abandon a
child i-if my l-life took such a turn. A-and t-that's why I h-had to
come back, y-you see.... I h-had to take t-this chance, to know
t-that this sparkling m-might have the opportunity o-of a happy life
a-and never t-to feel as if they've b-been unwanted. I-if you h-hate
me b-because of this, I-”
Onslaught jumped to his pedes, grabbing
Skydive and pulling him tight to his frame. Before the shih tzu could
even squeak in alarm, the green mech's lip components were slamming
against his own and pressing down with bruising force. Clutching
desperately onto Onslaught's shoulders, Skydive felt himself almost
bent backwards as the kiss lasted; finally softening and easing into
a warm, passionate touch as the serval cupped the autodog closer,
petting and stroking him tenderly. “Primus.....,” the bigger mech
mumbled against his mouth, pushing back in frequently to continue
their lip-lock. “Primus Skydive.... unbelievable..... a
blessing.....”
Skydive returned each of the kisses
whole-heartedly, only glad to know that he wasn't being tossed aside
with skepticism and disgust. He couldn't help but to cry harder as he
felt the kittycon slip a servo back under his shirt, the large
fingers curling hotly against his growing belly. Whispering soft
things against his ear, Onslaught led them back to the berth, slowly
lowering the shih tzu onto it and leaning over him.
“When I discovered, I-i....”
Onslaught hesitantly began, looking down on Skydive with such a torn
expression. “P-primus..... I thought maybe i-it was my fault;
something I did....”
“But..... but you came back,” he
vented gently, leaning closer to the autodog; landing soft, quick
butterfly kisses on his damp cheekplates, before slowly sliding down.
“You..... you really came back....”
Skydive trembled slightly as Onslaught
kissed his way down the thin neck, mouthing his cockpit beneath his
shirt, stirring both joy and desire within him. He could not keep in
the small whimper as the kittycon kissed his stomach last, before
laying his helm gently on the plating and nuzzling. “Primus, d-did
you ever return.... and with a gift....” Onslaught sighed,
maneuvering his arms so that they slightly circled Skydive's waist,
another heavy intake escaping him as he felt those delicate fingers
start to stroke at his helm.
Taking a moment to enjoy the petting a
little longer, the serval eventually climbed back up to the top of
the berth, resting on an elbow as he spooned Skydive closer to him;
nudging olfactory sensors gently with the autodog. “O-onslaught....,”
the blue mech choked, kissing the kittycon's mouth quickly, “I-i'm
sorry I l-left, I really a-am. B-but I.... I don't want to l-leave
again. I c-couldn't..... I couldn't s-stand never seeing you again.”
“Ssh....,” Onslaught replied, his
optics dimming as he kissed Skydive's brow. “You're not leaving,
and neither am I. Not tonight. We're just going to stay here- you and
I. In the morning, we can.... we can discuss things further. I have a
little surprise for you as well.”
Confused optics looked up at him but
the kittycon waved off any of the impending questions, lying back on
the berth, helm rested comfortably on a pillow and an arm held out to
receive Skydive. Hesitating only for a moment, the shih tzu succumbed
to the tempting offer; curling up at Onslaught's side, helm resting
on the chestplates and the green mech's servo cupping his middle
warmly.
This..... this was peace.
Slowly, Skydive allowed his optics to
shutter close, letting go of all his fears and doubts, reveling in
the moment of being with the mech he loved most and saving all his
troubles and concerns for tomorrow morning.
Title: Shatter
Rating: T
Summary: The dream comes to a close
“A-are.... are you sure this would be
the best time?,” he asked, staring at his servo; thumb playing with
the silver band on his finger. “I m-mean, I know you said they're
already a-all there, but.... it s-still seems kinda s-sudden and....”
Skydive trailed off, uncertain of how
else to phrase his concern, other than to simple say 'I'm afraid of
meeting your children because they're older than me and not likely to
take kindly to me being pregnant on top of everything.'
Onslaught merely glanced away from the
road, reaching over and taking the autodog's servo, giving it a quick
kiss before returning his focus back to driving. “It's sudden, I'll
agree, but I still do want you to meet them all before we make
anymore plans,” the serval replied. “It's unlikely that I'll be
able to get any of them to come visit me anytime soon after they
leave again, and I rather not have some sort of spectacular fit when
they find out they have both a new mother and sibling.”
Despite the seriousness of the
situation, the shih tzu couldn't help but to smile slightly at the
older mech's statement, reaching over and touching his arm lightly.
When dusky blue optics met his again, Skydive smiled brighter,
cupping his left servo to his chestplates and thumbing the ring on
his finger. “I'm glad I said yes,” he shared with the serval.
“There's no one else I would say those two words to.”
The purr that followed made the autodog
smile all the more.
“I'm glad to hear that,” Onslaught
said, smiling as he faced the road a second time. “Soon, it'll be
official as well. I, u-umm, hope you don't mind if we forgo the usual
ceremony....”
“Not at all,” Skydive answered,
watching with some anxiety as they pulled up the kittycon's driveway.
“It doesn't need to be a big, huge ball to make it any more
special.” He sat, waiting, while Onslaught parked and then blushed
as the serval opened his door from the outside for him. Leaning into
the bigger mech's side contently, the pair walked up to the house,
pausing at the door while Onslaught fished out his keys.
“I-i'll,” he started in
embarrassment, refraining from scratching at his cheekplate, “I'll
have you sit in the living room, while I gather them up. T-then....
then we can break the news together.”
“O-okay,” the blue mech stuttered
back in response, shyly stepping into the house as the door was
opened for him. He smiled up at Onslaught as the kittycon set a servo
on his lower backstruts, guiding him to the living room and nodding
for him to make himself comfortable. Left alone so the serval could
find his children, Skydive stood awkwardly in the middle of the room,
clutching an arm nervously and studying his surroundings.
It had been a while since he'd last
been in any room of Onslaught's house.
Turning to the bookshelves to occupy
himself, the autodog was surprised to find something orange and
copper stuffed in between a couple thick tomes. Mouth pulled down in
an uncertain frown, Skydive reached into the tiny space, wriggling
the item loose. It gave after a klik, jumping out with a pop and
bouncing against his front. Catching it quickly, Skydive stared in
confusion at the turbo fox plushie now resting in his servos. This
was Fireflight's doll, he was sure of it!
“Who exactly are you?,” demanded a
snide vocalizer.
Jumping in fright, the shih tzu turned
around, clutching the doll to his chestplates as he faced the unknown
kittycon. Slightly taller than him, with tan plating and hypnotizing
purple optics, the devon rex leaned against the door frame; arms
crossed over his chestplates and a sneer on his face. “So, what are
you supposed to be?,” the stranger asked cruelly, “The 'party
favor'?”
“I-i....”
“Silence, Swindle,” a brown mech
commanded coldly, turning the corner and strutting into the living
room smoothly. The siamese was taller than Skydive by at least
several feet; he was possibly taller than Onslaught, he might dare
say. Grey optics fell on him then, and the autodog tried his best not
to flinch when the cold gaze ran over him quickly. “You must be the
one then,” he said, stepping forward quickly and grabbing Skydive's
servo.
The shih tzu swallowed back his squeak
of fright as his servo was lifted up for scrutiny, his engagement
ring catching the light.
“I see.....,” the aloof kittycon
mumbled, “I had sensed that something was about.”
“What?,” Swindle gaped, stomping
forward quickly and glaring at the ring. “What the slag are you
getting at, Blast Off? Don't fragging tell me that dad's been upset
because he's been fragging this mutt. And the ring? What, now he's
going to actually BOND with this little sparkling while he's at it?!”
Skydive tugged his servo free from
Blast Off's grip, turning his helm to the floor in shame. “I-i, I
apologize, I d-didn't-”
“Oh, please,” the tan mech cut him
off, “Quit your whining. If you're going to frag someone, don't be
such a fragging pansy about it and try to kiss everyone's aft
afterwards. Slag.... and to think dad wants some stupid pup like
you.”
“Hold your tongue,” Blast Off said
lowly, and Skydive wasn't sure if the oldest kittycon was talking to
him or Swindle. “Our sire will be along shortly; if he has brought
this one home now, then he obviously-”
There was the sound of the kitchen door
slamming and then skipping pedes made their way to the living room.
“What's going on?,” a slimy vocalizer cooed, making even Swindle
flinch with its sound. Skydive watched uncertainly as yet another
mech turned the corner. He stared as this kittycon slunk forward, red
visor glowing and evil grin stretched wide across his face, feeling
anxiety fill his fuel tanks. “We having an orgy?”
Two sets of hisses reached his ears,
even as the autodog felt his plating crawl at the disgusting comment.
This mech was really one of Onslaught's sons? The lynx stepped closer
and Skydive quickly took several steps back, clutching the plushie
tightly in his servos. The doll gave half a squeak, which suddenly
drew the grey mech's attention. Gaze lowering, a displeased scowl
pulled at the kittycon's lip components.
“Wait a klik,” he mumbled lowly,
“That looks like Firefli-”
“Vortex,” Blast Off cut in sharply,
grabbing his brother and pulling him back just as the lynx raised a
servo for Skydive, “Back off.”
“Ordering me around, Blast Off? I
thought we'd discussed previously that this wasn't a very wise idea.
Do we need to-”
The rest of the kittycon's words were
lost to him. Staring transfixed at the back of the mech's helm,
Skydive felt his intakes start to cycle faster, horrified realization
dawning on him and clawing tightly around his spark. There couldn't
be.... not that many 'bots with the same name..... certainly not that
many who would have known about the plushie or would specifically say
his baby brother's name.....
Slowly, the plushie slipped from the
shih tzu's lax grip, falling to the floor at his pedes unnoticed.
“Boys,” Onslaught's voice cut
through the tense atmosphere dangerously as he entered the room, one
servo resting on Brawl's shoulder plating as he led the both of them
into the area, “I'm glad that you've all gathered yourself nicely
here but we have guests now, so if you don't behave, I'll....
S-skydive?”
All optics turned to him then and the
autodog realized at that moment that he was crying. Trying to pretend
that he didn't feel the coolant swamping his vision, Skydive tried to
swallow, shakily saying, “On.... Onslaught? M-may I talk t-to
you....? P-privately, please?”
The eldest kittycon glanced at all of
his sons quickly, as if blaming them, before holding his servo out
for Skydive to take. “Of course. Let's go to my office,” he
suggested. The shih tzu nodded quickly before hurrying out of the
living room, ignoring the offered servo and Onslaught both. Stunned,
the serval stood in place for a few astroseconds, before he gave the
others a warning look and turned to join Skydive.
They were barely in the room, before
Skydive started to shake badly.
“Skydive..... Skydive, speak to me,”
the green mech softly pleaded, closing the door and coming up behind
the younger 'bot. He tried to hug Skydive, but the shih tzu tore away
immediately, hugging himself tighter and refusing to meet Onslaught's
gaze.
“Listen, if it's something I did -if
I'm taking things too fast for you, I can-”
“I-it....,” came the small whimper,
“I-it's not you....”
Onslaught fell silent for an
astrosecond, trying to think through the confusion and worry quickly
filling his processor. He was unable to even voice his concerns
before Skydive was finally turning to him, clenched fist held out to
the kittycon.
Dread crackled across every fibre of
the serval's circuitry, but he held out his own servo anyways, palm
open to receive what the shih tzu had to give him.
“D-don't you remember... I, I said I
had to leave,” Skydive mumbled, tears still cascading down his
cheekplates. There was nothing but infinite sorrow within those
gorgeous blue optics and Onslaught wasn't sure for how long he could
stare into them. “I n-never told you the reason I h-had to go....
Why i-it was so sudden....”
“E-even now, I h-hadn't known, I
w-wouldn't..... I still can't do this,” the autodog choked out,
shaking his helm violently. “I can't marry you knowing that your
son was the one who hurt my baby brother! I just can't!!”
The kittycon watched as that little
servo opened up slowly, dropping the engagement ring into his open
palm.
“F-fireflight.... he's only twelve,
Onslaught,” Skydive hissed painfully. Clenching his denta tightly,
the shih tzu shoved past the immobile serval, running out the house
with tears streaming down his face and his spark tearing into a
thousand, different agonizing shreds.
Title: Break
Rating: T
Summary: In the end, some bonds are
bound to be broken
“Daddy.... where's the new 'bot
gone?” Brawl looked up from his toys as Onslaught slowly shuffled
into the room quietly, drawing everyone's attention. “Is he going
to come back and play? I really want him to come back and-”
Swindle slowly moved, covering Brawl's
mouth with his servo. The very air crackled with doom as the older
kittycon turned and stared at each of them individually, his normally
blue optics a deep indigo in his rage.
“So, what? The youngling decide he
didn't like ol' grampa spikes after all?”
All time seemed to stop as the comment
left the lynx's mouth. Lip components twisting in a snarl, Onslaught
turned his attention slowly to Vortex. The grey mech leaned casually
on the couch, playing with the turbo fox plushie, seemingly unaware
of the danger looming over all of their helms. Visor flashing
suddenly, Vortex snapped his fingers, sitting upright with glee. “Ah!
I knew I remembered seeing that lil' nerd from somewhere! He's
Fireflight's-”
The roar of rage that escaped Onslaught
then shook the entire house to its lowest foundations. Both Blast Off
and Brawl immediately spun from the path of danger, the younger
serval grabbing Swindle and covering him with his frame like a
protective shell, as their sire lunged across the room, grabbing hold
of the unsuspecting lynx. Vortex gave a snarl of anger, trying to
twist in Onslaught's hold, but the older kittycon merely slammed him
into the wall before promptly tossing him to the floor.
The couch was kicked over as the grey
mech tried to escape again, but was yanked back harshly by his ears,
his face rushing straight toward the fist flying at him. Flattening
themselves against the living room walls as best they could, the
other three mechs watched (or, in Blast Off's case, who had shuttered
his optics quickly) and listened as their sire viciously tore into
Vortex; not letting up on the lynx until something cracked
sickeningly and energon poured richly down both Vortex's face and
frame.
Grabbing his battered son by the
throat, Onslaught lifted Vortex into the air, spitting into his
shattered visor. “You....,” he snarled, “Have ruined my life
for the last time, ingrate. You can go be someone else's problem; you
are no longer my son.”
Seething with silent and deadly rage
still, the serval marched to the door, slamming it open and throwing
the lynx down the lawn. He watched as the grey kittycon rolled limply
across the grass, smearing fresh energon everywhere, before he
stepped back and shut the door violently on the image of his pathetic
child.
Venting heavily, Onslaught turned away
from the door with a growl, stomping back towards the living room.
Already, Blast Off had straightened up the furniture and had grabbed
a broom to sweep up the broken bits of plaster and glass that had
resulted in the vicious fight. Brawl sat meekly in the corner,
whispering to his toys and casting uncertain glances to their sire,
while Swindle was grabbing his suitcase.
“Not so fast,” the serval gruffed
to the devon rex, watching testily as the younger mech turned to face
him.
“Y-yes, dad?,” Swindle hesitantly
asked.
He decided not to comment on the note
of fear in his son's vocalizer. “I need you to use your
connections. Skydive went off the radar last time; I will not let
that happen again,” he vowed, staring the tan mech down; daring him
to disobey. “I have to take responsibility for what that worthless
scum that called itself your brother did. Find Skydive's location,
where his family is, then contact me.”
“Yes, sir,” came the mechanical
response.
“Brawl,” Onslaught said next,
turning to his second oldest. The other serval stared wide-opticed up
at his sire. “Go play in your room, please.....”
Brawl nodded quickly, gathered his toys
and stomped loudly from the room.
“Blast Off....”
The siamese quickly raised his servo,
interrupting his sire before he could finish what he was going to
say. Ignoring the snarl directed at him, the brown kittycon calmly
replied, “I shall tidy up and watch over your affairs until you
have returned. But I shall forewarn you of this: after you find this
Skydive, I am no longer assisting you. I will be moving out.”
Onslaught stared, stunned, at his
oldest, before he vented gruffly, frowning. “Very well....,” he
muttered, “So be it.”
Turning, the green mech headed for the
kitchen, no doubt to wash the energon from his servos and to drown
out his thoughts once again with poison.
No comments:
Post a Comment