Welcome one and all, curious searchers!

Friday, 13 February 2015

Ears and Tails

Summary: For every story, there are several inbetween stories. Your favourite autodogs and kittycons come to share their own adventures in this collection! Tie-in to With Perfect Abandonment; ratings to vary. Includes Mech/Mech, incest, Spike n' Valve, and Mpreg.
Multiple ratings within

Chapter 7: Blast Off and Cosmos II



Title: Loathing
Rating: PG
Summary: He hates himself alot

“Hey, Cosmos you busy?” Wheeljack knocked at the door quickly before walking into the office, looking around for the tiny astronomer. The grin he wore dropped as he finally spotted the other autodog; hunched over and shoulders shaking, with his helm buried in his folded arms, sitting at his desk. Concerned, the bulldog hurried over to his co-worker, hovering about Cosmos anxiously.

“C-cosmos, you..... what's wrong?”

Startling at the engineer's closeness, the pyrenees shot up from his desk, turning his tear-streaked face to Wheeljack. “Wheeljack?! N-no, I mean....,” Cosmos choked, wiping hurriedly at his cheekplates.

The white mech's gaze softened; he reached out, grabbing hold of the astronomer's servo and gently pulling his fingers away from his face. “C'mon,” Wheeljack kindly said, patting the other's shoulder plating with his free servo. “Let's get you calmed down.” At the engineer's prodding, Cosmos allowed himself to be lifted from his seat and lead out of his office.

Ten kliks later found the two autodogs outside; the pyrenees nursing a cup of warm oil in his servos as he sat at a bench, staring down at his pedes. Sitting beside him was Wheeljack, slowly swirling the dregs of his own drink. “So..... This guy you've been talking to a lot, he... he turned out to like you. And he's been the 'secret admirer' that's been dropping off the gifts at your office lately?”

Cosmos nodded his helm weakly, coolant filling his optics again. “I.... I didn't know. A-and,” the astronomer sobbed, “H-he left s-so suddenly. He w-was.... s-so mad t-too. Wh-why? Why w-was he mad?”

Wheeljack wrapped an arm around the smaller mech's shoulder, giving the plating a comforting squeeze. “I don't know why he was mad, Cosmos,” the bulldog replied softly, “But.... maybe you should talk to him? I mean, try and sort this out. I mean, it sounds as if he really likes you, and you, well.... You do too, don't you?”

The pyrenees rubbed frantically at his optics.

Exhaling quietly, the white autodog rubbed at his companion's backstruts, hoping to calm him down further. “Say..... Cosmos.....,” the engineer hesitated, after a moment of silent pondering. “You said that you didn't believe that you actually had a secret admirer in the beginning. Why is that?”

Cosmos did not answer, tucking his chin in more and crying harder.

Title: Silence
Rating: PG
Summary: It's nothing but silence all over again for him

The kittycon household was an intoxicating prison of eerie silence and palpable tension. Brawl fidgeted uncertainly on the far right side of the couch, glancing between his sire, Blast Off, Vortex and then back to Blast Off again finally. Onslaught said nothing, but it was obvious that he was sneaking peeks at his children over his newspaper every few astroseconds.

The quiet was shattered as Vortex let out a long, weary sigh, falling backwards and lying spread eagle across the living room floor. “Would someone just pinch the glitch already?”

“Vortex,” the serval growled.

“Well, I mean, c'mon! The mech's been sitting there, all mopey and slag for the past couple cycles. It's booooooooring.” Vortex completed his complaint with a pout, crossing his arms over his chestplates and glaring at Blast Off upside down. The siamese did not react; servos folded in his lap and dim optics staring flatly at the wall across the room.

Onslaught lowered his newspaper completely now, his gaze noticeably concerned.

“You know what I think?,” the lynx started snidely from the floor. “I think he's just upset because his 'mechfriend' dumped him before he could even take the dweeb on a date, which means he's not getting any. That's why he's so miserable right now -'cause he's horny and in luuuuuuuuurve.”

Stunned silence filled the room this time. Brawl shifted on the couch, scooting closer to his older brother. “Do you want a hug?,” he kindly asked, arms already stretching out. Onslaught was almost glad when he saw Blast Off finally react to the question; grey optics narrowing and fangs peeking out from under his upper lip component. With a muted huff, the siamese rose to his pedes and marched from the room, making sure to kick Vortex in the helm along the way.

Their sire ignored the indignant “Hey!” from his other son, lifting his newspaper and sighing softly as he tried to focus on the editorials. As unsettled as he was by Blast Off's phase of depression (coming from a mech that was usually quiet and subdued with to begin with, this extra pessimism was highly disconcerting), there was nothing really the older kittycon could do to help the siamese.

He could only sit and hope that eventually his son's spark would recover from his apparent rejection.

Title: Intervention
Rating: PG
Summary: Wheeljack tries to help

The bulldog shuttered his optics at the house before him, before turning his helm down and squinting at the piece of paper in his servo. The number on the door matched the one scrawled in the note he held, but he was having a hard time believing that this lovely, little three-story house belonged to Onslaught and his kids. Shrugging, because after all it wasn't really his place to judge, the bulldog walked up the driveway, ringing the doorbell. Barely a klik later the door was being opened, a green and blue kittycon greeting him on the other side.

“What do you wa- Oh, wheeljack? Is that you?”

“Umm, hey, Onslaught,” Wheeljack greeted; a servo lifting behind his helm and scratching at an ear in embarrassment. “I hope I'm not bothering you or anything.”

“No, of course not,” the serval smirked, stepping to the side. “C'mon; come in! Let's grab some oil and talk.”

Quickly, Wheeljack took a step back. “Oh, but I don't want to intrude or anything. I just came by to-”

“Nonsense,” Onslaught interrupted, reaching out and grabbing the autodog before he could back away further. With a quick tug, he yanked Wheeljack indoors, shutting the door behind him and leading the engineer to the kitchen. “It's been a while since we last talked. How goes the lab? You made anything explode again?”

“Hey now.... I don't always make things explode!,” Wheeljack pouted.

“Organisms from another dimension,” the serval shot back. Immediately, the white mech shut up. “In either case,” Onslaught continued as they stepped into the kitchen. He helped Wheeljack to a chair. “Since that is a classified matter considered 'non-existent', let's talk about some other things, hmm? I do so enjoy that marshmallow generator you made- Brawl plays with it frequently.”

“Does he?,” the bulldog asked, finally settling in. It was kind of hard not to when the kittycon was being quite hospitable, and his home radiated warmth. “You know, I've gotta confess Onslaught, I'm a little surprised....”

“Hmm?”

“Well, I mean, uh.... Not to be rude, but this wasn't quite what I was expecting when I came by. You're home, I mean. Well, that is to say-”

Onslaught waved off the rest of Wheeljack's words, coming back to the table with a fresh pot of oil and two mugs. “Don't worry about it. I already know the typical stereotype: Mercenary sire with five kids, each with their own raps, should be living in some slum on the other side of Kaon or some bunker in the woods. I know my house is too 'Betty Crocker' for the rest of those mudflaps to comprehend. Yet, mercenary or not, I am still a military mech and I believe that a good home is one that sticks to tried and true regulations of cleanliness, order and hard labour. Plus, I like the neighborhood.”

The bulldog was unable to stifle the smile at that last statement. Catching the serval's wink, Wheeljack understood immediately that the final bit was meant to be a joke and he chuckled for a moment before taking the drink offered to him. “Good to know.”

The kittycon hummed, drinking deeply from his cup for a klik before turning his full attention to the autodog again. “Speaking of which, that does bring to mind a certain inquiry,” Onslaught began, “Why are you here, Wheeljack?”

The effect was instantaneous. The engineer tensed up, before sighing and pushing away his mug. “Honestly, I wasn't expecting to come here myself. But when I found out that it was your son involved....”

The other's blue optics narrowed. “Wait. Which son?”

Swallowing sharply, Wheeljack stuttered, “B-blast Off....?”

The serval shuttered his optics in surprise. “Blast Off? My oldest son Blast Off? Are you sure he's the one responsible for whatever trouble that's happened and not one of the others? Like, Vortex per say. 'Cause I know-”

The bulldog quickly raised his servos, waving them wildly. “Oh, no, no, no!,” he hurried to explain. “It's nothing really bad like that! I mean, well.... Let me explain.” Onslaught set his servos on top of the table, leaning closer in his seat, showing that Wheeljack had his undivided attention. Cycling a deep intake, the autodog prepared himself to continue.

“There's a co-worker of mine -a really sweet, nice person- and well, recently, I've seen him upset. And I mean, I've never seen him so sad before.”

The kittycon nodded his helm in understanding.

Wheeljack glanced at Onslaught uncertainly, before going on. “Well, you see, I had a talk with him and it turns out that he and this other mech had been running into each other from time to time and talking frequently. They were really hitting it off and becoming good friends. Well, at the same time Cosmos -that's my friend, you see- he'd also been receiving gifts from an anonymous sender. When he found out that they were coming from Blast Off, well-”

“Woah, hold on there for a klik!,” Onslaught interrupted a second time. The larger mech stared down at the autodog. “Are you telling me that your friend is the one that Blast Off had a crush on?”

“Y-you... you knew?!” Wheeljack shuttered his optics in surprise.

The serval shrugged. “Well, I knew that he was supposedly shot down shortly after I found out there was someone he liked,” he replied.

The engineer frowned. “Well, from what I could gather from Cosmos, he was surprised by Blast Off's impromptu visit. Understandably, he was shocked when he found out that your son was also his secret admirer. But before he could respond, Blast Off apologized and said not to worry about anything anymore, then promptly left. Cosmos has been in such a state since; he's taken sick leave, he's been crying so much!”

The mercenary lifted a servo to his face, scratching at his chin. “I see....,” he hummed. After a moment, Onslaught rose to his pedes. “Did you happen to have your friend's address, Wheeljack?”

“Well, no, but-”

“Never mind then. I'll find out from someone else.” The serval gestured to the kitchen doorway, and slowly, Wheeljack stood up as well. Silently, the autodog followed the larger mech back down the hall to the front door.

“Just what are you going to do, Onslaught?,” the engineer asked, pausing on the front porch and facing the kittycon.

Onslaught reached out and patted the bulldog's shoulder plating reassuringly. “I'm not going to hurt your friend or anything, if that's what you are getting at. I'll simply have a talking to with my son, and have him go over and talk to this Cosmos himself. If anything, it sounds like both of them are in a misunderstanding and it'll probably resolve things if they discussed the matter face-to-face.”

It was a good, logical answer. Appeased, Wheeljack nodded his helm, waving at the other mech as he started down the porch steps. “Well, good luck then! Oh, and we should totally have some oil again, or at least some high-grade. You know, to really chill with.”

The serval chuckled lowly. “Of course, pup. Have a good day, Wheeljack,” he called, before turning and shutting the door. Onslaught paused, staring up the stairs before he sighed heavily. “Now if only my stupid sons could stop being such bolt-heads.....”

Title: Persuasion
Rating: PG
Summary: Onslaught makes his move now

“Soldier,” the serval called, as he saw Blast Off stalk towards the front door. Onslaught closed the oven quickly, marching over to the doorway. “Where do you think you're going?”

“Out,” his son clipped dryly. The siamese chanced a glance over his shoulder plating and bared his fangs in return to his sire's own glare.

The older kittycon decided not to comment on the disrespect, crooking a finger and gesturing for Blast Off to follow. Silently, the brown mech did; arms crossed over his chestplates and tail stiff behind him as he walked into the kitchen. “We need to talk,” Onslaught said as he headed back to the stove, grabbing a spatula and flipping his sizzling steaks. The grease splattered and popped with the action.

The siamese remained silent to the announcement.

“Tell me about what happened with your crush,” the serval continued. “You approached him and were rejected; that's the story, right?”

Blast Off whirled on his pede and stormed out the kitchen.

“Soldier!,” Onslaught roared. “You turn about face and march right back in here before I court martial you! Do not test me!!” With a snarl, the younger mech stopped, turning around and stomping back into the room a few astroseconds later.

“At ease....,” the green kittycon grumbled, when Blast Off did nothing but glare at him. Scowling, the siamese dropped down heavily into one of the kitchen chairs.

A klik passed in tense silence as Onslaught tended to dinner, leaving his son to sulk at the table. When he was satisfied with the frying of his steaks, the serval turned off the stove top, removing his apron and facing the younger mech. “I am quite aware you're upset with me,” he started coldly, deciding to ignore the hateful look Blast Off sent him. “But I do believe I have a right to bring this matter up.”

“How?,” snarled the siamese lowly.

His sire bared his fangs in return. “By the fact that Wheeljack came here just the other day, telling me that one of his colleagues is suddenly missing work at the moment because one of my screw-loose creations upset him!”

Blast Off shuttered his optics nonchalantly.

“You,” Onslaught added, stomping up to son and looming over the sitting kittycon, “Will go to see Cosmos and apologize for your misconduct. Whatever may of happened, you were in the wrong for leaving things in a state of chaos.”

“But, he-”

“YOU. WILL. TALK. TO. HIM!!!,” the serval roared, cutting off the other's hiss. The siamese bit his glossa quickly, his optics thin slits. Reaching into his pocket, Onslaught pulled out a folded sheet of paper, slamming it onto the table. Huffing, the older mech pulled back, retreating to the stove again.

“Dinner will be ready in about a couple cycle's,” he informed, opening the oven door and checking on his roast again. “You have until then to go and see this mech and resolve this matter between the two of you peacefully. His address is written there. You are not to come back until you've talked.”

Onslaught glared over his shoulder plating. “And I will know if you have or not. So don't even try being wise like your idiot of a brother, Vortex.”

Tight-lipped, Blast Off rose to his pedes, grabbing the paper off the table and stalking from the kitchen, fuming. The sound of the door slamming shut heralded his exit.

Title: Wrong
Rating: PG
Summary: Blast Off wonders if he really needs to apologize

There was a small, little cafe just across the street from Cosmos' apartment. Tucked in between an old bookstore and an aging natural healing pharmacy and centre, the cafe only had about five tables and fourteen chairs, but the oil was fresh and the smell of home-made biscuits was pleasant enough for Blast Off. Of course, what really sold the place to the kittycon was the fact that there was only two other customers aside from himself and they were all keeping quietly to themselves. He'd almost call this place heaven, if it weren't for the fact that it was really purgatory.

His sire had threatened that he would not be allowed home until he'd talked to Cosmos..... dinner was in a cycle, and the siamese was nowhere closer to being able to cross the street and buzz the autodog.

Blast Off's grip tightened a smidge around his mug as he hurried to suppress his scowl.

Did he really need to apologize and make up? What for?

After all, he had been the one who'd been made a fool of. Irrational or not, he felt quite justified in his response. And besides, it wasn't as if he'd flown off the handle or anything, like his brothers were more prone to do. He had been curt and quick; leaving before either of them could have embarrassed themselves further.

Maybe he had been a little too hasty......

The siamese chastised himself silently, tearing his gaze from the window and his constant vigil over Cosmos' building. This debate -and the fact that Onslaught had made valid enough points- were what had carried the kittycon this far as it was. Either cowardice or pride was holding him back from crossing the street and taking the last step. If he could only make up his mind which of those two were responsible, and if he really felt guilty enough to humiliate himself some more, then maybe he'd finally be able to do something other than just sit there, debating.

Apparently just thinking about himself being a coward was the last straw.

Silently, Blast Off rose from his seat, throwing his unfinished oil into the trash and heading out the door.

Title: Answers
Rating: T
Summary: Issues are finally brought to light, and some insight is given

“C-coming!,” Cosmos called hoarsely, wiping at his optics and shuffling for the door. Figuring it was Wheeljack come to check up on him again, or possibly even Bulkhead, the pyrenees opened the door, sighing softly.

“Listen, really, I'm al-”

The rest of his words were cut off when he looked up and saw Blast Off staring back at him silently. “Bl-blast Off....,” Cosmos whimpered frightfully. He backed away quickly. “Y-you're not.... You sh-shouldn't be here! I mean-”

The kittycon reached out, slapping a servo on the door before the autodog could slam it in his face. “We need to talk,” he declared, pushing the door open more and walking into the other's apartment. Cosmos meekly let himself be backed further into the room, his optics wet with tears and his servos anxiously clenched in his sweater as Blast Off locked the door behind him.

“P-please.....,” the astronomer begged quietly, “Pl-please.... j-just go. Please, l-leave.”

The kittycon crossed his arms behind his backstruts, lowering his chin, trying to appear less threatening. “If that is what you really want of me....,” he replied flatly, “Then I shall do as you request. But first, I must know: Why are you crying?”

Cosmos let out a little gasp, recalling belatedly the tears that had streaked down his cheekplates. He spun away from Blast Off, hurrying to wipe his face some more and smother his sorrow in the presence of the siamese. The autodog was caught off guard when a larger servo grasped his, pulling it away from his face.

He found himself face to face with the kittycon, the brown mech staring back at him, kneeling on one knee joint to be more level with the pyrenees; waiting still for the answer to the question he had asked.

“I-i....,” Cosmos stuttered. He shook his helm suddenly, pulling himself out of the other's grasp violently. “It's n-not as if you care!”

The flat gaze narrowed at the accusation.

“Was it your younger partner? Has he rejected you?”

“No, he- I mean..... what?” The astronomer shuttered his optics up at Blast Off in confusion, actually forgetting about his tears and the like for one moment. “W-what are you talking about?”

Blast Off straightened up, his arms once again folding behind his backstruts. “That autodog pup; the mastiff. The one who looked at you with utter adoration in his optics.” The siamese's lip component slightly curled at that last bit, his disgust barely concealed behind his mask of indifference.

Oh, how he hated that mutt.

It took astroseconds for what the kittycon had said to register in his processor. Gaping in shock, Cosmos waved his servos about desperately, his cheekplates darkening in his flustered state. “N-no, that's, th-that's not right! Bu-bulkhead is only a f-friend! A friend! H-he o-only worships a h-handful of us f-for our sc-scientific achievements -nothing m-more!”

The brown mech was silent and slowly, the pyrenees lowered his servos back down by his sides. On the tip of his glossa was a question he just didn't have the courage to ask, and a thought to himself that maybe, just maybe, Blast Off had been..... jealous?

“Then clearly I was in the wrong,” the siamese spoke up after a klik, startling the astronomer. “I had presumed too much, and upset you needlessly. I apologize.....”

Anxiously, Cosmos smiled up at the other 'bot. “It's.....it's alright. Really.”

Blast Off looked almost disbelieving at his statement, but did not refute the autodog. Instead, he bowed his helm, slowly turning towards the front door. “I'm sorry that I caused you trouble. I will leave now, as I had agreed.”

“W-wait!”

The siamese paused at the brazen cry, turning to face the smaller mech again. Cosmos was looking up at him, optics crinkled slightly with his anxiety and his servos trembling as he twisted them in his sweater's hem. Swallowing sharply, the pryenees glanced to the floor quickly before bringing his gaze back up to the other mech. “C-could,” he stuttered, his courage quickly faltering again. Cosmos cycled an intake shakily, steeling himself for the rest of his question. “C-could we.... could we still be friends? If, if y-you don't mind that is. I-i mean, I-”

“Yes,” the kittycon answered, halting the other's doubts before they could overwhelm him once more. Glancing upwards, Cosmos was almost stunned to see a sliver of warmth reflected in the taller mech's grey optics. His spark pulsing in response, the autodog struggled to keep both his fears and the giddy little smile from rising to his face.

Blast Off crossed the apartment again, grasping the astronomer's servo as he bent low again to be level with him. “I will remain near you, as long as you will it,” he said. He raised Cosmos' servo a little to his face, as if he was about to kiss it, but stopped before the other's knuckles were even close to his lip components. Grey optics shuttering slowly, the siamese quietly stroked the back of the pyrenees' palm with a thumb before releasing his servo entirely.

“Goodnight Cosmos,” Blast Off politely continued, rising to his full height again. “If you do not mind, I will call on you tomorrow. Would that be acceptable?”

“O-of course,” Cosmos replied, smiling this time. He had been unable to keep it back for long.

With a nod of his helm, the kittycon turned around for a final time; leaving the apartment for the rest of the evening and a calmer autodog in its space. Padding up to his door and locking it after the other's exit, Cosmos turned and leaned against the door heavily, his optics fixed to the floor beneath his pedes as he swooned slightly.

His gnawing doubts and fears were returning again in Blast Off's absence, but even they could not strangle the shred of hope within his chassis. That he might have not completely lost the siamese's friendship amidst all this confusion put the autodog at rest. Cosmos felt ever so glad.

Tonight, he mused, perhaps he would be able to get some proper recharge.

No comments:

Post a Comment