Everyone has their secrets
In konoha, everyone has something they can't tell. Some can be funny, some can be painful. But to each person they mean the world. *Discontinued*
Chapter 4: Rock Lee
She is an angel,
beautiful and radiant.
Pretty pink,
The sunrise gradient.
For her I shall move,
In a swirl of youthful spirit.
To my angel,
as a shinobi I'll be perfect.
Rock Lee
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
Dressed in the youthful shade of energetic green spandex, the young taijutsu user dashed down the street, ever excited to run into the beautiful Haruno. Rock Lee, the handsome green beast of Konoha, was eager to go to the festival today. His team had worked real hard on setting up, being assigned to lifting the heavier loads. The thought of last week's work made the boy with the stylish bowl-cut shiver with excitement. Maybe he could convince Neji to train with him today.
Lost in his thoughts, Rock Lee was surprised when he saw Sakura on the road up ahead. Quickly, he bounded up to her, calling out the pinkette's name. "Sakura-chan! Sakura-chan!," he called. The girl looked up, a shaky smile spreading across the her face. "Good afternoon, Sakura-chan. Enjoying your youthfulness I hope!," the black-haired youth said, smiling brightly at the kunoichi. The pink-haired female folded her hands in front of her. "Yes, Lee. I am," Sakura replied. "Are you going to the festival?"
Rock Lee jumped at the question, seeing it as an opening that Sakura had made for him to ask her out. "Oh, yes Sakura-chan. Let's go together!" The beautiful girl seemed to pale a little bit, and the green-clad boy looked on worriedly. "Umm...actually, Lee, I'm going to head home. The sun has made me a little tired and I need to lie down." His smile fell a little, but the dark-haired youth smiled anyways. "Oh, I see. Sakura-chan has had too much fun and is quite exhausted. Then I shall go and have some fun too. See you tomorrow Sakura-chan!"
Leaving the pinkette, the spandex-wearing male rushed to the festival, intent on finding his team. Humming happily to himself, Rock Lee ran through the festival gates. Yes, in the youthful spirit of Konoha he would spend his day happily, so that he can tell Sakura-chan tomorrow all the things he did.
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
The festival was big, beautiful and so very youthful. The adults were conversing and partkaing in all the events, and the children were content enough to dash through the crowds. Lee felt that he should do the same. He was a green blur, running through the people with his amazing speed. Suddenly he came to a stop. "Yosh! Neji, my eternal rival, I have found you!," Rock Lee yelled out. Said Hyuuga flinched, standing not but a few feet away from the exuberant teen, gave a twitch and tried to slip away behind a nearby stall. TenTen, who'd been with the white-eyed boy, grabbed the raven's collar and pulled him back before he could escape.
Rock Lee, as always oblivious, quickly joined his team; pulling Neji into a big bear hug. "It is so wonderfully youthful of you Neji to be here at the festival. Let free your youthful spirit!" TenTen chuckled as Neji's eyebrow began a spastic twitch, truning to the Hyuuga's captor. "Hi Lee. I see you've finally decided to show up."
Lee turned to his female teammate, dropping Neji in the process, smiling brightly at the weapons-user. "Of course, TenTen. Not even my forgetful memory can keep me from this magnificent display of youth," Rock Lee declared, striking his 'good-guy' pose. The brown-haired girl flinched at the shining teeth, but smiled nonetheless. "Well then...," she started. "How about we go check out some of the game stalls?" Lee jumped in place joyfully, turning to a fleeing Neji.
"Neji, Neji! No, you musn't leave! Come my eternal rival, let us put our youth toward a contest of strength and accuracy at these game stalls!"
"No," came the blunt reply. TenTen smirked at the raven's back, clearing her throat to grab the attention of the sulking bowl-cut boy and the pompous Hyuuga. "Don't feel so bad, Lee. Neji's just afraid that he'll ruin his perfect hair. He's much to chicken to face you and run that risk."
TenTen grinned evilly at the expected reaction as Neji grabbed Rock Lee's arm and dragged the stunned boy to a nearby stall. "You're on," the Hyuuga growled, slamming a handful of money down on the table. Rock Lee beamed at TenTen genius.
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
"Yo!" TenTen turned around at the sudden voice, smiling up at the man. "Hiya, Kakashi-sensei. What brings you here?," she asked. The grey-haired jounin looked up from his book, pointing a finger past the girl's buns. Turning back around, TenTen watched as her teammates practically tore the Shuriken Toss stall to shreds with their competitiveness. Finally out of plastic shurikens, the stall owner raised his head above the counter and looked around the stall, crying in dismay. "If i give you each a prize, will you leave?!" The stall owner didn't give them time to respond, but threw an armful of stuffed animals at the two boys before slamming the stall window down.
Neji and Lee looked at their prizes, then threw them into the bags strapped to their backs before dashing off to find another stall. "Oh, yeah... that," TenTen said, scratching the side of her head. "They've been going at it all afternoon. They sure got alot of energy."
Kakashi hummed behind her, turning a page in his book. "At the rate they're going, they'll have the festival cleaned out before the end of the day."
TenTen paled at this, and turned to Kakashi, bowing. "S-sorry, sensei but i-I have something I've gotta do. Ja!" Quickly, the girl ran after her teammates. Kakashi watched her go, before returning to his book. "Kakashi, my eternal rival!"
The grey-haired jounin, quickly began walking away from the disturbing voice of Gai. "Wait, rival! We must partake in a contest of youthfulness!," the green-spandex jounin cried, chasing after Kakashi. Kakashi sighed, picking up his pace. "Leave me alone, Gai!"
"But TenTen, me and rival Neji have yet to complete our contest of power to see who best dominates their youth!" The browm-haired girl looked quizingly at her teammate but continued to drag him down the street anyways. "I'm not really sure what you said... but that's what training's for Lee!," the girl huffed, finally releasing the spandex wearing teen. "Now go home and rest. It's already late in the evening. You don't want to be tired tomorrow, do you?," she aked.
Lee looked up at the night sky, shaking his head. "Yes, TenTen is right! I must rest while the black blanket sparkles above me so as to compensate the energy I need to be youthful once the sky bears the golden disc again!"
TenTen blinked at the black-haired boy. "Wow... th-that sounded kinda poetic, Lee."
Mentioned teammate blushed at that, and quickly got to his feet, saying a hasty goodnight to the brown-haired kunoichi. Hurrying back home, the boy panicked inside that bowl-cut head of his. 'I-i almost slipped! My perfidious tongue has almost let me divulge the queer talent of the aptness of my mind. Oh, such discountenance to my youth!' Sighing, the black-haired teen slowed down to a walk. He turned his black eyes to the sky, widening them in surprise when he realized that he was staring up at Sakura's window. Looking back and forth, the taijutsu gennin saw that he was alone.
Smiling to himself, he reached into the bag on his back and pulled out a stuff animal. He looked at the plushie, seeing that it was a pretty white bunny with a beautiful Sakura blossom sewed onto his head beside its left year. Rock Lee beamed, holding the doll in his arms as he pulled out a sheet of paper and pen seemingly out of the air. Quickly he scribbled something down, securing the paper in the doll's arm and leaving the stuffed animal on the pink-haired female's doorstep. Skipping home, the events of the day were forgotten as the boy dressed in hideous green spandex daydreamed about his beautiful Sakura-chan as she recieved his gift.
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
Tonight I left my offered gift upon her doorstep. I only hope she will accept it.
Though she continues to thwart my efforts, I will seek her hand until she is stolen by someone more valiant than I.
Even if it breaks this beating organ from which stems my love, I will yield.
For...
My heart lives off the angel's smile,
and the light of her soul.
Her eyes beseech to me,
I take their words as a whole.
If another causes her,
to shine bright.
Then for that smile,
I'll give up the fight.
And I'll protect,
her love for another.
I wonder if Sakura-chan would be impressed if I read her some of my writings. Girls like romantic poems, right?
Rock Lee
*That's it- no more!*
No comments:
Post a Comment