Welcome one and all, curious searchers!

Wednesday, 27 August 2014

Everyone has their secrets

Everyone has their secrets
In konoha, everyone has something they can't tell. Some can be funny, some can be painful. But to each person they mean the world. *Discontinued*

Chapter 3: Sakura


The first day of the festival. I can't wait!

Today I'm going to wear my brand new dress. I do so hope my sweet comes today. I hope to see him so much.

And if Ino-pig is there, I'll be so upset.

I don't want her near my love, contaminating him with her hare-brained ideas.

She's so oblivious to other's feelings. I mean I've seen Chouji staring at her lovingly but what does she care?

She only has eyes for Sasuke...that stupid prick. I so don't like people like that.

On the other hand my handsome genius is absolutely wonderful.

He is so smart but so relaxed, and cute too. He gets top points over Sasuke any day.

Ack!

It's already 7:00 and I haven't yet gotten ready. I don't want to be late!

Sakura

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
Shower done and dressed to impress, a pink-haired girl stepped from her house and padded toward the festivities of today. The anniversary of Konoha, an event that came only once every ten years, was going to be great. It was a way for people to meet other people, for peace to be wrought between old enemies and for new bonds to be made. 'And I plan to make a new bond this year,' Sakura declared in her head. She rounded the bend and ran into Kakashi, who was at the moment busy reading his favorite orange book. "Good morning Kakashi-sensei!" Sakura yelled cheerfully.

The older jounin turned to her and smiled through his mask. "Well don't we seem to be in a good mood today," Kakashi said. Sakura nodded her head, placing her hands behind her back. 'Definitely. Today is the day I get my love to notice me!' Kakashi noted Sakura had grown silent for a second and turned about. "Well if you don't mind. I'll take my leave now. There's a few things I'd like to do." Sakura watched her sensei's retreating back, a little puzzled. What kind of things would the grey-haired shinobi need to do on a holiday? She dismissed the thought quickly though when she heard that voice. The one that haunted her dreams.

"Ugh...Come on Ino why do we have to come to this thing. I can be doing better things than walking through crowds." "Oh quit you're whining, Shikamaru. You need to be around people more often." Sakura turned, ready to murder Ino for telling her Shikamaru to shut up. But all plans of killing the blonde disappeared when she laid eyes on the genius brunette. 'Oh he is so CUTE! I could just kiss him!' Sakura had to mentally slap herself before her mind ran off with romantic visions of her and Shikamaru. She strode over to the trio, smiling.

"Hey chouji, Shikamaru." The others said hi, Ino compromising the traditional greeting for a 'Bill-board brow' and Sakura returning with a 'Ino-pig'. "So are you going to be staying for the festivities?," sakura asked, turning to Shikamaru who was busy staring up at the clouds. "Yeah we are. I can't wait to get to the stands. Festival food is always the best,"Chouji smiled. Ino stared at chouji as if he had two heads. "chouji you just ate a full course meal before coming here. and you want more?!" Chouji shrugged. "Yeah, you're point?" Ino shook her head, and Sakura could only feel sympathy for Chouji. 'Poor guy.'

Sakura moved to stand over by Shikamaru, poised to strike conversation with him if only to hear his voice, when the last person she wanted to see turned the corner. As was required of her she raced Ino and attached herself to one of Sasuke's arms, as Ino took the other. The two girls bickered about who would date Sasuke and who was better than the other, all the while holding on to the raven's arms. Sasuke frowned with the female contact but moved forward all the same.

He walked up to the other two boys, giving them a slight glare. "I guess that mean you're with us for the rest of the day, huh Sasuke?," Chouji asked. The Uchiha increased his glare, nodding his head. As long as these female vultures were glued to him he might as well stay near these two. They could help in holding the two girls back when they began to fight. Sakura pushed up against the raven, fluttering her eyelashes and saying how much she loved Sasuke. 'I think I'm going to be sick,'she thought.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

'I wonder where Naruto is? And what about Gaara, I wonder how he's doing.' With nothing better to do since she was obliged to stick herself forever by Sasuke's side, Sakura had set herself to thinking. Thinking about normal things, mostly about Shikamaru though but slowly her mind had brought her to Naruto. It was almost afternoon and she still hadn't seen any sign of Naruto. Usually the blonde was hovering around being loud and annoying, always asking her out on a date to which she always declined. there was only one person who had her heart and it wasn't this selfish prick she was holding onto right now.

But without the blonde around she was slightly worried. 'He should be here. It isn't right without him around.' Sakura twisted her head, looking around her until she finally spotted Gaara. Without thinking she released Sasuke and hurried over to the sand nin. He was on his own which she thought was surprising since she expected him to either be with his team or with Naruto. "G-gaara?" He voice shook as she approached the red-head, he was just radiating this aura that said stay away. The sand nin turned around and glared at her with one eye, waiting silently.

"Um..Gaara-san have you seen Naruto? I can't find him and I'm slightly worried." The red-head watched her still, not saying anything. "O-okay...well if you haven't seen him than that's ok." Sakura turned to leave when she heard Gaara speak. "He might be at his place still. I don't recall him ever leaving." Sakura nodded her head and thanked the boy, turning around and hurrying to Naruto's house.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Knock. Knock.

She stood in place, waiting but it seemed noone was going to come answer the door. Sighing tiredly, Sakura tried the door knob. 'Well good, the apartment's at least locked.' Still that could mean he was home or he wasn't. Still somewhat worried Sakura jumped to the trees, moving around the building and positioning herself outside of Naruto's room. Well there was noone there, the house appeared empty. She sighed and scratched at her head. This whole excursion had been a waste of time. Dropping down from the tree Sakura made for the path. It was time to return to the festival and hope that Shikamaru was on his own or she was going to have to stick herself to Sasuke again. She shivered in repulsion at the thought. 'Man I hate that guy.'

She continued to walk, unaware that she had company on the street. "Sakura-chan! Sakura-chan!" She turned and looked at Rock lee as he bounded toward her in that hideous green leotard. 'God...kill me now.' "Good Afternoon Sakura-chan. Enjoying your youthfulness I hope!" "Yes Lee. I am. Are you going to the festival?" "Oh yes Sakura-chan. Let us go together." Sakura paled at the thought of entering the festival with Lee on her side. "Um..actually Lee I'm going to head home. The sun has made me a little tired and I need to go lie down." Rock Lee's expression faltered a bit but his glowing smile returned.

"Oh I see. Sakura-chan has had too much fun and is quite exhausted. Then I shall go and have some fun too. See you tomorrow then Sakura-chan!" Sakura nodded and thanked Kami for her quick thinking as she watched Lee run off to the festival. Suddenly she did feel tired and decided maybe today wasn't such a great day. 'I think I'll go sleep and hopefully tomorrow will turn out better.' With that she returned home.
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
Ah man. Today just sucked.

I couldn't even get close to Shikamaru before that damn Ice bastard showed up.

I hate having to pretend to like him but I can't just go to shikamaru and say 'Hey, guess what? I like you.'

He'll think I'm a total skank. and I ran into rock lee too.

I mean I can understand that he likes me but I don't like him like that. I mean he's just a friend to me.

Why is it that all the guy's I consider friends like me?

And the one I like doesn't give me a second glance.

Oh phooey.

What's a girl like myself supposed to do?

Sakura

No comments:

Post a Comment