Welcome one and all, curious searchers!

Tuesday, 2 December 2014

Out of Bounds

Summary: *AU* What are you supposed to do when you're just a simple babysitter and a certain, crazy 'copter decides they like you? Mech/Mech, slash, angst, language, mentions of rape and abuse
Rating: M

Chapter 5: Report



“Now, now, um.... Fireflight was it?,” Starscream said, turning to the youngling gathering his things together. He smiled when the white jet turned to him. “What's the hurry? You got a date or something?”

The Autobot flushed at the joke, waving his servos before himself in embarrassment. “P-please, Mrs. Starscream, I-i don't know what you're talking about,” Fireflight protested softly. “I-i was just heading home -momma wants me to come help with dinner.”

Starscream cocked an optic ridge at that; setting a servo on his hip as he grabbed the youngling and steered him towards the living room couch. “First of all, call me just Starscream. None of this miss or missus slag.... And second,” he continued, ignoring the startled mech, “I was only teasing. I really just want to ask you a couple things before you left for the orn.”

The younger 'bot seemed strangely surprised by that. “O-oh.... okay!” Chirping, Fireflight settled himself down comfortably on the couch, giving his whole attention to the seeker. Slightly unnerved by the youngling's exuberance, Starscream sat himself down in the adjacent love seat, crossing his arms over his cockpit.

“Well now,” he began slowly, “It's come to my attention that you've been here for a while..... Not many babysitters have lasted that long. So, I have to wonder, how have my sparklings been since you started watching them?”

Fireflight cocked his helm to the side, a little baffled by the older jet's words, but he smiled nonetheless, straightening up in his seat. “Well, they're wonderful mechlings!,” he beamed, his wings fluttering a little behind him. “We all get along wonderfully!”

Starscream looked at the Autobot flatly. “Wonderfully? Define 'wonderfully', please.”

Blushing, the little jet smiled apologetically, before giving his answer. “Well, Onslaught and Blast Off are such big mechlings! They like to play and read by themselves, so I don't need to watch them. If they want something, I'm readily available to help them, as long as it's nothing dangerous or bad, but they never want things like that. Swindle also likes to play by himself but he joins in on our group activities often, like when we bake or make crafts. He's very good at making things and he always shares them with the other sparklings on the block after.”

'More like he sells them,' the Decepticon thought to himself snidely. He waved a servo for the youngling to continue. “And the others?,” he asked.

“Oh, Brawl is wonderful too!,” Fireflight smiled. “I worry sometimes 'cause he likes to chew things I noticed, but he doesn't do any of that when we're playing games! I think he's having lots of fun and it distracts him from biting things that he shouldn't. Otherwise, he's very sweet and energetic about playing!”

Starscream nodded, not quite paying attention to Fireflight now. All he'd heard was  'blah blah sweet blah blah fun blah blah play!' His choice of babysitter seemed like a regular fun loony.... but he'd been the only one to last more than a month so far. Usually, any 'bots he'd hired would have been scared off, either by Blast Off or Onslaught's cold indifference and dislike for some stranger holding authority over them or by Vortex being cree.....

“.... you haven't yet said anything about Vortex,” the seeker commented, watching as the smaller jet shuttered his optics in surprise. “What do you think of Vortex?”

Certainly, there had to be something about his most misbehaved and irrational sparkling that the Autobot had to comment on.

Realizing he had indeed forgotten about the helicopter, the youngling blushed again, before his embarrassed expression smoothed itself into one of sweet merriment. “Vortex is the best lil' sparkling around, Ms. Starscream,” Fireflight smiled, optics half-shuttering as he spoke. “He likes to give all sorts of hugs and he says lots of nice things. He never misbehaves or hogs any toys or treats and he never fights with any of his brothers. He's always eager to help and he spends the whole afternoon with me, cleaning up or keeping his brothers entertained.”

“I-i....,” the white mech blushed deeper, looking up at the Decepticon shyly, “I-i know it's bad to have favourites, but if I had to pick one, it would be Vortex. He's the sweetest, bestest behaved, good lil' sparkling around. You're really lucky Ms. Starscream to have such an adorable creation!!”

For a few astroseconds, the multi-coloured jet just sat there, trying to keep from having a processor melt-down, while also trying to formulate a proper response. Eventually a very soft, “....huh.....” escaped him, which obviously escaped Fireflight's notice. Apparently, the Autobot was unaware of a lot of things, especially if he thought Vortex was the sweetest, most Primus-blessed sparkling this side of Cybertron.

Straightening up, Starscream was not that surprised to see a shadow slink away from the living room; little rotors twitching in joy. Deciding to ignore it for now -because honestly, he was just down-right exhausted from pulling a ten-cycle shift and he really didn't feel like addressing his son's almost stalker-ish tendencies just then- instead, turning his gaze back on the merry youngling and his flickering wings.

“I ....see. Well,” the seeker said, rising to his pedes. Fireflight immediately copied him. “Thank you for staying around as long as you have. Considering the circumstances, I will increase your pay and I'll start by giving you an advance right now....” Starscream reached for his wallet, pulling out a handful of credits.

Alarmed, Fireflight began waving his servos. “O-oh no! M-ms. Starscream I c-couldn't-”

“You can,” Starscream interrupted, pushing the money into the youngling's servos, “And you will. I hope that you'll stay on as babysitter though.”

“U-umm.....,” the Autobot looked down at the credits, before shyly tucking them away in subspace, “B-but, of course! I, I love your sparklings and I r-really like working here too!”

Well, at least someone else other than him could stand his rambunctious creations. “See you tomorrow then,” the seeker replied, patting Fireflight on the helm quickly. “....You probably should get going. I believe you have dinner to get to?”

Jumping on the spot in remembrance, Fireflight quickly spun around, apologizing and expressing his gratitude loudly as he grabbed his backpack and hurried out the door. Rolling his optical sensors, Starscream closed the front door, before marching into the kitchen himself.

“KIDS!! DINNER TIME!”

No comments:

Post a Comment